Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Waze is still changing direction on editor based on drives.

Post by thefatveganchef
Waze is currently still changing direction based on drive history even after an area manager has manually set direction. Example:
http://www.waze.com/cartouche_old/?zoom ... 1=39357179 This segment shows it was edited by me on 1/15 where I had set direction.

I had checked this area on the 17th and changed them all back (Including this one I thought) and If I remember right the date on those segments was in March. I did drive on this road today and I think that could be why that segment changed to a one way.

Now I am the only Wazer that I know that drives in this area, and this road I only drive down one way, which is South and then when I hit York I head back West (York for 1/2 a mile was changed to a one way pointing West as well).

I know for a fact that this section of road was Two-Way. I have seen this section of road in the editor many many times and know I would not have set a section a mile and a half long as one way and then missed that mistake the many times I have seen this area since then. All these roads were mostly unknown when I started working this area.

If you set a road as two way, and it is only driven on in one direction it will revert back to a one-way.
thefatveganchef

POSTER_ID:17224915

Send a message

Post by jasonh300
xtago wrote:Probably been edited by someone.

If you edited that road in march it'd be around 6 months since you looked at it last right now and would seem theat is in the client.

You can change a lot of stuff but 4 days later it could be changed again by someone else but you wouldn't know until you see things in the map updates.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
We can look at the editor and see who edited the segment last.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
gerben wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:There was never a time that Waze would downgrade a two-way to a one-way.
Yes, there was! But is has been a long time since I last saw it happen... One of the staff members (nir?) explained that it was no longer possible for segments that were edited in WME.
Okay, never in the "modern era" then. :lol:
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
There's no way to see who the last editor of turn restrictions are.

However, if the proper procedure isn't followed for setting the turn restrictions, drivers making illegal turns can cause a restricted turn to automatically become allowed.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I have several sections of private road that I drive only one way every day and have never seen this happen.

I've been scouring the entire metro area for the past week fixing one-ways that have turned two-way (none that had ever been edited) but have yet to see one that has changed itself into a one-way.

Considering that we've found sections of interstate that were erroneously set to two-way months ago and they remained so until they were corrected, this single test is far from conclusive.

Someone will have to set up a similar rig elsewhere and try to duplicate these findings.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
It still doesn't make sense that any street would ever change from a two-way to a one-way. All of the other changes are done based on data collected. This would have to be based on lack of data.

If it's really possible for this to happen, it is not a feature, it is a failure. This would be akin to Waze deleting roads that no Wazer has driven on because, hey, they MUST NOT EXIST!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Okay, I've seen this happen now on residential streets, but today, I found it on a Minor HIghway. This is VERY BAD and needs to be addressed by the developers.

I've posted in the direct access support forum with a link to this thread. Please post links to other examples here.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:These were all set to 2 way (again) in Aug. I checked and double checked in both editors. I came back today to see and Waze changed the roads back to one way. Again, I am the only one that drives this road, I have only driven it one way, and it changed it to the direction I traveled.
That's really interesting. Thanks for testing it!
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
jasonh300 wrote:I have several sections of private road that I drive only one way every day and have never seen this happen.
The sample above is a "street". waze probably has different algorithms for the various segment types, especially private road, highway and freeway.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
xtago wrote:Probably been edited by someone.

If you edited that road in march it'd be around 6 months since you looked at it last right now and would seem theat is in the client.

You can change a lot of stuff but 4 days later it could be changed again by someone else but you wouldn't know until you see things in the map updates.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
I looked at that before I changed it and it was me. I was the one who last touched it. The person who touched it before me was admin(6) basemapped. I wish I could have blamed IGN, but sadly they didn't touch these roads last. These main roads I set them all at 2 way. I am going to have to watch this two mile segment closer and see if it gets changed again. I am going to go through that 2 mile strech and set the direction, leave them unlocked and drive down it only one direction to see if it gets changed again in 6 months.
thefatveganchef
Send a message