The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

What am I supposed to do with this?

Post by txemt
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... TTTTTTTTFT

For those of you who don't know, Nacogdoches is roughly a six hour drive from San Antonio. This is the second time I've had this UR pop up and the first time I think I clicked "solved" because there is no way to I or anyone else can do anything to fix this, short of going through every intersection and turn on some turn restrictions. This is why I wish we were able to send back a message to the wazer to tell him/her there's nothing we can do, or make this person understand they'll have to drive this route a couple of times to help Waze figure it out.
txemt

POSTER_ID:8943870

Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by jasonh300
That's exactly what you'd have to do is go through their route and check things out...look for turn restrictions, etc.

In most cases where people post things like that, their way is only what they THINK is the fastest way. However, in some cases, the Waze suggested route is hours longer, and it's caused by continuity issues on the correct route.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by txemt
I was goofing around with Waze a few nights ago and I put in my sister's house in Dallas (just to see what it said) and it had me getting off of I-35 in Waco, taking backroads to I-20, then go back to I-35. Did I tag it as a "general error"? No, I left it as is for a couple of reasons. I know there's construction going on up there, there are 50 different ways to get to Dallas from San Antonio (and vice versa), and I may want to take my time to get to her house.

I like how Waze learns routes, I just wish some Wazers learned Waze.

On a side note: there are only about 5 from San Antonio to New Orleans, though :)
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I usually just drive with Waze open. I'll sometimes use it for routing, but most of the time I ignore the directions and make my own, but I do check to see if there is anything going on the routes/highways before making my decision to either ignore the directions given.

I guess I'm a little frustrated that this user (for the 2nd time) has posted this thinking there is something that can be done about his preferred route to a town 6 hours away. I have a feeling that if it's clicked "solved" or "not identified" he/she will keep posting it.
txemt
Send a message