Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by youncs
It was saving as user (4).

Note that if you save the file to windows desktop like I did, the file extension is hidden so if you rename it .js, you end up with an actual file name of .js.js

Thanks!
youncs
Send a message
iPhone 4 / iOS6 *I dont' navigate very often, but when I do, I use Apple Maps . . .

Post by youncs
Unless I missed something,

Since I updated to 1.4.2 I have no node / connectivity info. All else appears to work fine.

Google Chrome Version 23.0.1271.64 m

Tried uninstalling / installing, tried installing new highlights beta version, notta.

I guess it sounds like it's a relatable to a server issue then? Must be, I find myself losing the road layer info often and having to click permalink to make it accessible again. (Road layer visible but not selectable)
youncs
Send a message
iPhone 4 / iOS6 *I dont' navigate very often, but when I do, I use Apple Maps . . .

Post by youncs
Hate to be an arse,

I can't seem to find the location of the option check box "warnings for selected nodes". I read earlier posts (page 25?) where people had the same problem as me but apparently the option was more obvious to them because they found it right away and apologized for being so blind. I may have to do the same. It's not with the other highlighter options or on the node/street info box when you select one.
youncs
Send a message

Post by youncs
Timbones wrote:Did you enable the advanced option [ ] Turn Warnings for Selected Nodes?
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1492/1234pi.jpg

I dunno man. Advanced options? Where is the turn warning checkbox located?
youncs
Send a message

Post by youncs
Ah, no, I'm level 1 however in the previous version I was able to look at connectivity issues with segments and nodes.

Is this disabled in the new version except for 3 and above?

I guess it doesn't matter much at the moment, the editor is all buggy, constant permalink just to keep going.
youncs
Send a message

Post by youncs
Nevermind,

applied for AM, it's all there.
I was confused because last version the info was visible at lvl 0.
youncs
Send a message

Post by zannax
Hi Timbones,
With new editor the script does not save option
Marco
zannax
Send a message
[img]https:///MRy7n[/img][img]https:///fFE8E[/img][img]https:///0NAfp[/img] [img]https:///hDq3D[/img] Docs Waze Italia ➚
Waze Champs Italy - Scripting & Tools Expert
AM Waze: Calusco d'Adda (BG), Asso-Erba (CO)
AM FW: Calusco d'Adda (BG)
Waze - WME group on userscripts.org CMON Tools

Post by zCougar
Hi,

I often see that new inexperienced map editors change segment levels where not necessary. I have heard different excuse like they have tried to change segment priority or access level.

To hunt down such segments from map is impossible without such a great tool as WME Color Highlights. To make it possible to highlight such segments which has level different than zero I added one more option to the list. You can find the patch here https://gist.github.com/3841752

I didn't want to add too much options right now and "not zero" is a good start. In the future it might be good to see segments with level -1 and +1 also in different color to easily see where are real problems like levels "9" and where are just correct multilevel interchanges.

Cheers and keep up the good work,

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Waze 4.83.5.1: Galaxy S21 5G | | Atom
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis

Post by zCougar
harling wrote:Quite a while ago, I proposed a feature on Uservoice that would display (and make selectable on the map) only roads within a certain range of levels. There are places in Boston where overpasses, surface streets and tunnels all stack on top of each other--with the requisite number of ramps snaking over, under and between throughout--and it can be nigh-impossible to see, let alone adjust, anything without zooming in so close that you can no longer see the "big picture".
The browser does not draw any segments but these come as transparent PNG images from server. Now when you zoom in enough then server sends segment geometry data to the browser and then you can select segments. And at this point scripts are able to change segment color and visibility. I guess it is done so for performance reasons. It is less load to the server, less network traffic and faster UI experience.
The Uservoice page for the map editor is gone, and with it my suggestion, but it occurs to me that it -might- be possible to implement something along those lines using scripting. I expect that the tiles cannot be adjusted to remove undesired segments altogether, but by highlighting included segments, and suppressing selection of & snap-to excluded segments, would at least make it a bit easier.
You are right, the segments can't be removed form the map because these come as images. In theory it should be possible to completely hide the layer where segments are drawn and make all segments drawn by browser visible like they are selected but using different color.
If anyone would like to give it a shot, I'd be glad to develop a functional spec. (Even dig into the code myself, given some guidance about where I should look.)
If you can develop a spec taking in account how Waze works then it might be even possible.

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by zCougar
Timbones wrote:Thing is, do levels actually have any purpose? They might be used for rendering overlapping roads in the client, but they don't influence routing. When there's a fat purple line on top of the map, the levels aren't visible anyway.
True. These are not critical problems on map but a good indicator of wazers who haven't fully understand how to use WME and a good start for people who would like to work with them :-)

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message