Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Black and white are fine, but I'd like to be able to switch. The best would be a color palette selector. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I just had a "missing junction" map error yesterday where a new road had been added, but no junction created. Waze detected turns between the two segments. That algorithm is working. Missing road? Not so much. I just had one repeat from 3 months ago where I re-did an intersection into an offset roundabout. Waze is still looking at 3-month+ old GPS tracks for the map problem detection, which has been reported to Waze for over a year and they haven't done anything about it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonh300 wrote:
razor2k wrote:Question on speeds: On a single two-way segment, is A->B left to right (EB), or right to left (WB)? And the same goes for N to S segments.
There's no easy way to tell which end is A or B. This is unfortunate, since it's important to know which direction was recorded at 3500 mph, and which direction was only 3100. 8-)
Oh, sure there is, but in the current editor version it takes a little more work. If you set the segment to the native 1-way direction, which is the top 1-way selection in the Direction menu, which for me points to the right, the segment is now pointing from A->B.

In the next editor version, the (A) and (B) endpoints are labeled when selected.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
xteejx wrote:Could you start adding the release date to the topic thread please? It's hard to keep up with all these updates.
I figured this was a joke since Tim's been changing the original post title since at least v1.4 if not earlier.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I saw a post earlier in thread about not seeing the segment/junction warning highlights. The properties toolbox says "x soft turns, y u-turns" etc., but the segments don't highlight. The other manually-enabled highlights work fine. Win7 Chrome 22.0.1229.94. Only other extension enabled is Livemap navigation add-on. I've cleared cache. Same story. What am I missing?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Timbones wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I saw a post earlier in thread about not seeing the segment/junction warning highlights. The properties toolbox says "x soft turns, y u-turns" etc., but the segments don't highlight.
This was fixed in v1.4.2. Do you have the latest?
I did. And I do. I removed what I had, cleared browsing data, exited Chrome, loaded it up, downloaded 1.4.2 fresh, renamed the file which showed it was downloaded today, loaded into Chrome, loaded WME and I still have the same issue:
nohighlights_for_alan.jpg
(34.45 KiB) Downloaded 1223 times
There are no errors related to highlights in the console, though there is an error I've not seen before related to the "old" Other Users layer with a call blocked to marx.waze.com.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Timbones wrote:Can you post a permalink that shows this problem?
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=62317879

I wonder what I have installed or in use which is "blocking" this?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Timbones wrote:Did you enable the advanced option [ ] Turn Warnings for Selected Nodes?
Oh, seriously?! F me. :oops: :roll:

<wants to delete the stupid posts now>
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Kuhlkatz wrote:Maybe Tim should add another checkbox for
[ ] Reading Glasses?

;)
I wouldn't see that either! :x

Okay, folks. Nothing to see here. Move along. Back to the non-Alan topic at hand. Thanks much. That's right.

:)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Timbones wrote:Edit: As for States appearing in the list of cities, I have no idea why this is happening. The city of "Washington" really is in the list of cities from Waze, so must be a bug at their end. The only thing that is different about the "state" cities is a much higher ID number, around 100,000,000+. I've attempted to filter out these cities, which will hopefully not hide any real cities.
The state appearing in the list of Cities started happening in the Editor a couple of months ago. I never thought it a big enough deal to mention as some kind of bug.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message