Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by bz2012
I suggest the highlight be either 1/2 the width of the road and denser OR 2 times the width of the road and much less dense.

Some highlighting can be done wider+translucent while others can be narrower+darker.

Either of those combinations should show up no matter what the background coloring.

The times I have trouble are when the highlight is about the same width as an not highlighted segment and the same color/density.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I had some problems loading one of the other scripts as discussed here. The problem was making sure that file dropped in the Extensions ended in user.js.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by CBenson on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Timbones wrote:
chrysrobyn wrote:What do you think about adding a color option for null nodes (nodes joining two segments that are identical in type, direction, state and city with no real intersection)?
While these are superfluous nodes, they don't really affect routing and so don't need to be deleted.
Are we sure about this? There seems to be some evidence to the contrary.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
My routine for updating the scripts in Chrome is to right click on the downloaded file and select show in folder and then to delete all the previous downloads with the same filename (or same filename(#)) from the folder. Then download again and install.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
These average times were also visible in the old cartouche editor. If I recall correctly, whenever these data are used to support a theory on why waze is behaving in a certain way, the developer's answer is that the average times we can see are not the data used by waze for routing.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I utterly disagree. There are plenty of one way roads and turn restrictions in the suburban areas that I deal with. I have always found that Waze routes better through an area full of soft restrictions than an area that has been blindly QWd. The selfcons really don't have that much of an effect on routing.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by chrysrobyn
What do you think about adding a color option for null nodes (nodes joining two segments that are identical in type, direction, state and city with no real intersection)?
chrysrobyn
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Timbones wrote: Maybe. Problem is, we don't have 'states' in my country (rest of the world), despite us begging Waze for 3 years.

Can you post some example permalinks?
Here's a permalink I found in the state of Mississippi. This is just a minor road; I fixed most of the examples in this area already. There had been a good 10-15 km of roads with the wrong state name east of this small town.

Crazy thing is, it isn't near a state line. Grenada is a good 120 miles from any state line at all!

I also edit in Alabama and Florida and find that Waze offers a choice of both states for a long distance past the state line. Waze obviously knows where the state lines are drawn, because if we edit these incorrect segments and don't change the state, it throws an error.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
I had the same thing happen this morning as well. The whole editor was borked off and on so I had to give up. Glad to know it wasn't the beta script, at least.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message