Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by CrackedLCD
zannax wrote:Hi Timbones,
With new editor the script does not save option
Marco
Hmm. Yep, you're right! It didn't start doing it until I cleared cookies & cache today.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
OyyoDams wrote:I've just tested and it seems to work with Firefox but not Chrome.
The save fix is not working for me either in Chrome.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Timbones wrote:And it's not even specific to the JNF script - any editor can use QW on every junction node they see with red arrows, blindly allowing all turns without adding value to the map and destroying any information that may have been there.

Displaying 'measles' to every road just presented another excuse to 'fix' junctions that didn't need fixing.
This line of thinking may be appropriate for where you live, but in my part of the US, minor roads on Waze are often very heavily travelled despite not qualifying for primary or minor/major highway status. And in suburban areas, we don't have one way streets or, for that matter, much in the way of turn restrictions, so blindly allowing turns and fixing revcons are actually not that harmful for 99% of the area that I cover.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by crturboguy
I've noticed a 'bug' in that when this is installed, the save and delete buttons no longer ungrey when they are able to be pressed.

--JOsh
crturboguy
Send a message

Post by crturboguy
Chrome, Version 21.0.1180.89, on Mac OSX 10.6.8.

Yes, clicking on the permalink makes the buttons show back up, and then they behave properly.

--JOsh
crturboguy
Send a message

Post by dave3825us
Can not get this script to load into chrome at all. I have renamed to end with user.js. When dragged into the ext tab, I get a message that apps, extensions and user scripts can not be added from this website..

Any ideas?
dave3825us
Send a message

Post by dave3825us
svx-biker wrote:Any reason a Level(1) Editor should not see unterminated roads and node problems?

We have quite some new editors that don't put end nodes initially and when I show them the Highlight Script they dont see unterminated roads and Node Problems.

I agree. living in an area that does not get many user reported problems daily, it would take one forever to reach a higher editing level. I was using the junction node fixer and it is not working any longer for me. I have a thread going in the end of the junction node fixer thread.
She just stopped working...
dave3825us
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Some areas of suburban streets have "red arrows" pointing each way at every turn. Clearly these have never been edited since the base map was loaded.

Surely with such areas it is best to start by naming all streets and enabling all turns deep within the suburbs? Turns on/off main roads I check, but experience suggests that it is very rare indeed for turns away from main roads in the suburbs to be restricted; sufficiently rare that I think checking them is not a good use of time.

To repeat myself for emphasis, I am only suggesting suppressing "red arrows" without further investigation in areas which have clearly never been manually edited, and even then not along major roads.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Genius!

David using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
+1