Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Timbones
sverkernordlund wrote:On INTL server we have users with names starting with "world_*" as you know. Usually those users does not edit the map but now I have such a user. I asked him why. He answered that he uses Facebook when logging in to the mobile client and have now decided to edit the map with this Waze generated username.
Hmmm.... I see. Before now, world_* and usa_* users were not edit the map, so this Facebook thing is new. I'll see if I can include them in the list...
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
Guess what?

I've for another beta for you to play with: v1.4.7

Just a few tweaks to some existing highlights, most notably matching city in alternate streets will be dashed yellow (thanks to skbun). Segments that aren't connected at all (no nodes) will be bright, unpaved red, and segments that loop back on themselves will be lime. The 'measles' are a slightly stronger colour now.

Can now theoretically highlight usa_* and world_* editors, though I haven't tested this.

Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Wajo357 wrote:Is the 'warnings for selected nodes' supposed to show for ALL bad nodes or just for the highway, primary roads, etc?
Only on major roads, plus any single node or segment you select.

youncs wrote:Since I updated to 1.4.2 I have no node / connectivity info. All else appears to work fine.
Check that the option mentioned above is enabled.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Wajo357 wrote:any chance you can have the setting for all nodes? :)
Nope. It's really not necessary to fix every single warning on every side street. If a junction has a real a problem, then a user will report it, and specific nodes can be diagnosed by selecting them.

Concentrate on making changes that add real value to the map...
We'll ask Waze to fix their connectivity issues.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
youncs wrote:I can't seem to find the location of the option check box "warnings for selected nodes". I read earlier posts (page 25?) where people had the same problem as me but apparently the option was more obvious to them because they found it right away and apologized for being so blind. I may have to do the same. It's not with the other highlighter options or on the node/street info box when you select one.
What level are you? Only Area Managers (level 3) and above get to access to the Advanced Options.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
After getting a mention on the Waze blog today, I figured it was time to publish this latest release...

> Latest published version is v1.5: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/141050 http://waze.cryosphere.co.uk/scripts/update.gif
  • Show city names with state and country if near a border
  • Show matching city in alternate streets with dashed yellow (thanks skbun)
  • Highlight nodes on main roads that have revcon or selfcon
  • Highlight segments with no nodes (red) and unbroken loops (lime)
  • Highlight segments by anonymous editors (usa_* and world_*)
  • Notification of updated version at userscripts.org
  • Minor tweaks and improvements
(Note: this is functionaly identical to Beta v1.4.7, so don't feel you have to upgrade if you have that already)

:ugeek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:How about a highlight option for whether a segment has alternate names (linked streets)?
If you're enabled the option to highlight a certain city, then you'll see a dashed yellow line when it is in the alternate street. I'm guessing you'll like a separate highlight for any segments which have alternate names?

Mike has an script that could display shields...
jondrush wrote:How about a toggle switch for the RR display? It makes it hard to pick the RR sometimes.
Yes, the dotted lines can be hard to select. Turning off the Highlight Landmarks option will turn off the dotted lines for Railroads too.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
There is a bug in the new WME code which causes the options to not save. I'll put a fix in to my next version if Waze don't fix it first.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Here's a beta version of the script, which fixes the above issue plus a few other things.
Please test, and reply with your feedback.

Thanks to skbun for contributing additional code for the 'highlight a city' feature.
Should be particularly useful for U.S. editors near state/country boundaries.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
foxitrot wrote:I'm getting the "Filter by city" populated with "No City", "Bratislava" and also "Mikovíniho 1, Bratislava" (with =0 occurences).
The list of cities includes all the cities that Waze knows about in that area, even if there are no segments assigned to them. This can happen when a city has been removed, but Waze haven't updated their city layer yet.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message