Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

Post by
Here's my latest script, which adds color highlighting to segments and landmarks according to their status and type. The highlighting of segments is likely to be most useful, for it shows locked and un-named roads.

> WME Color Highlights script at userscripts.org - updated Nov 16

Chrome users will need to download this to their PC, and then drag '141050.user.js' into the Extensions tab.
Firefox users will need the Greasemonkey addon.

Many thanks to Dave2084, AlanOfTheBerg and bgodette, and many other beta testers who gave feedback and added features.

:ugeek:

POSTER_ID:1445148

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
crturboguy wrote:I've noticed a 'bug' in that when this is installed, the save and delete buttons no longer ungrey when they are able to be pressed.
What browser, version and OS are you on? This was never reported during testing.

On a related note, it appears that sometimes the buttons and search bar are disabled sometimes after initial login to the editor. Usually, a permalink click solves the issue. Could you verify whether clicking permalink does or does not make this problem go away?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I tested logging out of the editor and logging back in with the highlights script enabled and disable and I feel that it is 100% reproducible that with the highlights script enabled and being logged out of the editor, causes the Toolbar to remain inactive after logging in until after clicking on or loading a permalink.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Timbones wrote:I've seen this too. Not sure how or why, but I'll look into it...
I figured you had. I can't logically deduce what could be happening, but something clearly is done differently when not logged in that the script gets in the way of, perhaps by causing some kind of error which prevents the enabling of the toolbar...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Super cool mike! I tried to convert it to a native safari extension and couldn't figure it out. I need a tutorial! :)

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Mike, the extension doesn't appear to be v1.1. I can't quite tell as it doesn't show the version # info like the Chrome one. I don't get the extended info that country managers are supposed to see either.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mike-bronner wrote:
Timbones wrote:Script updated to v1.2: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/141050

Changelog
- Improved list of cities. Now shows more cities, sorted alphabetically
- Added segment count when highlighting cities or users
- Made Filter by City option persistent
- Railroads are rendered with black dots if Highlight Landmarks enabled (experimental)
- Newly paved roads are highlighted with fatter, brighter line
- Other minor fixes (including that issue with segments in permalink)
Safari Extension has been updated as well:
https://github.com/mikebronner/WME-Colo ... safariextz
Thanks for the updates you guys!

Mike, would you mind adding the Safari extension info and link under appropriate section of the Community Plugins wiki page?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
vickimachado wrote:Thanks! After I posted I figured there was some shortcut already.
There's just a couple, and they are fully documented. http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... _Shortcuts
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I haven't installed the last couple updates. Thanks to Tim for this super tool! And Mike for keeping us Safari users happy. :)

Has the problem related to not allowing the toolbar to enable when not already logged in yet been able to be fixed?

How about the issue where segments don't select when loading a permalink which includes segments?

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
razor2k wrote:The number of reverse connectivity issues that exist is downright startling!
It is, until you consider that the default behavior in WME for about a year was to produce reverse connectivity, which then just makes it sad. :(
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Tim, how about an option to change the default background color? White is OK, but sometimes I wish I could make it black.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message