[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.4

Postby Timbones » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:00 am

iainhouse wrote:I installed v1.4 last night and have been working on a basemapped area. I began to notice that I wasn't seeing any selfcons (red highlights) despite situations where I would expect them. I downgraded to v1.3 and found one almost immediately where v1.4 didn't.

Well spotted! I knew I should have kept this in beta testing for longer...

Anyway, this issue fixed in v1.4.1 :D
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby willd2012 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:19 pm

Timbones wrote:I'm considering adding a separate highlight for roundabouts which are named or two-way, but haven't quite settled on how to display it...

:)

Hi Tim,

Sounds very good to me :-).

Thanks,
Will.
willd2012

Postby Timbones » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 pm

willd2012 wrote:However, I assume that in amongst the bugfixes, was one that "fixed" erroneously named roundabouts not to show as yellow/orange, which, as was briefly discussed in the thread recently, was very handy - particularly in my neck of the woods!

I'm considering adding a separate highlight for roundabouts which are named or two-way, but haven't quite settled on how to display it...

:)
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby willd2012 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Timbones wrote:Here's yet another new version for you!

v1.4

- fixed many bugs for improved robustness and compatibility

Hi Tim,

The script, as others have said, is excellent, and allows one to be much more productive than otherwise...

However, I assume that in amongst the bugfixes, was one that "fixed" erroneously named roundabouts not to show as yellow/orange, which, as was briefly discussed in the thread recently, was very handy - particularly in my neck of the woods!

Such roundabouts now are almost impossible to spot without zooming right in to check...

A couple of examples:-

https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-1.8 ... TTTTTTTTFT

https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-1.9 ... TTTTTTTTFT

The script as was made things a little easier ;-)

Regards,

Will.
willd2012

Postby razor2k » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:00 pm

So the way the top one way ( arrow pointing to the Rt.) selection shows up on WME is East to West and South to North. (A) being East end and South end of segment and (B) being West and North. Thanks Alan! :D
razor2k

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:47 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
razor2k wrote:Question on speeds: On a single two-way segment, is A->B left to right (EB), or right to left (WB)? And the same goes for N to S segments.

There's no easy way to tell which end is A or B. This is unfortunate, since it's important to know which direction was recorded at 3500 mph, and which direction was only 3100. 8-)

Oh, sure there is, but in the current editor version it takes a little more work. If you set the segment to the native 1-way direction, which is the top 1-way selection in the Direction menu, which for me points to the right, the segment is now pointing from A->B.

In the next editor version, the (A) and (B) endpoints are labeled when selected.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:45 pm

I regret to report a possible problem. :(

I installed v1.4 last night and have been working on a basemapped area. I began to notice that I wasn't seeing any selfcons (red highlights) despite situations where I would expect them. I downgraded to v1.3 and found one almost immediately where v1.4 didn't.

This selected node has a selfcon on the segment to the left of it. V1.3 shows this but v1.4 does not.

I'll leave this node alone for you to look at, whilst I get on with double-checking the rest of the area with v1.3. Please let me know when I can clean it up. :)

[EDIT] I have also found a revcon that's not highlighting: this node is highlighting Conference Road (to the north of the node) as pink with v1.3, but just yellow for a soft turn with v1.4.
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:39 am

razor2k wrote:Question on speeds: On a single two-way segment, is A->B left to right (EB), or right to left (WB)? And the same goes for N to S segments.

Scroll down and look at the Avg. speed for the highlighted segment in the SS below. We sure have some souped up cars down here! :lol:

Is this from lack of data on segment, a bug or something else?

There's no easy way to tell which end is A or B. This is unfortunate, since it's important to know which direction was recorded at 3500 mph, and which direction was only 3100. 8-)

A and B will be much more clear in the next version of WME, which is set to be released sometime in the near future.
jasonh300

Postby razor2k » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:58 am

Question on speeds: On a single two-way segment, is A->B left to right (EB), or right to left (WB)? And the same goes for N to S segments.

Scroll down and look at the Avg. speed for the highlighted segment in the SS below. We sure have some souped up cars down here! :lol:

ss1027.JPG
(201.32 KiB) Downloaded 609 times

Is this from lack of data on segment, a bug or something else?
razor2k

Postby linus71 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:00 pm

thanks for your job!
it's very useful 8-)
linus71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor