[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov

Postby Timbones » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:29 pm

Are ramps not easily discernible by their natural green colour on the map? I don't see why they need to have additional highlighting.
Timbones(6) • UK Country Admin & Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Beta Editor and Routing Expert
Scripts: WME Colour Highlights v1.8 (Feb 2014)WME Route Tester
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:10 pm

^ This feature is already provided (to users who are AM or higher).

via mobile
Timbones(6) • UK Country Admin & Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Beta Editor and Routing Expert
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:49 am

And it's not even specific to the JNF script - any editor can use QW on every junction node they see with red arrows, blindly allowing all turns without adding value to the map and destroying any information that may have been there.

Displaying 'measles' to every road just presented another excuse to 'fix' junctions that didn't need fixing.
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5

Postby Timbones » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:38 pm

rob7mgte wrote:Is that red highlighting by design?

Yes. Unnamed and paved roads are highlighted with bold red until they are named and connected. There's no option to disable it...

via mobile
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 pm

I don't think we need to worry too much about soft turns on a roundabout. The one-wayness of the segments should be strong enough to direct people the right way round the roundabout. I'm not even sure it's possible to go the wrong way round anyway.

via mobile
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v

Postby Timbones » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:11 pm

rob7mgte wrote:Could the 'no nodes' scenario this be an unhandled situation in your script causing strange behavior?

This is a deliberate (and undocumented) feature. If a segment has zero nodes, then it needs attending to, and either connecting or deleting.

If you really do need to keep an unconnected segment on the map, add nodes to each end. Generally, non-drivable roads don't need to be mapped.

via mobile
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Thread too long, started a new one. Oh, and a new version released today too. :)

> [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb 2013
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby timl2k12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:56 am

This is a long thread and am sorry if it's been covered and I'm only making it longer. I'm finding Highlights does not highlight ALL UTurn nodes. Seems to maybe not highlight Uturns that are only on plain old streets. I occasionally click on an random street and discover it has a Uturn, but the node was not highlighted. Or am I confused and it is something else that highlights UTurn and RC nodes?
Level 3 Area Manager - Tampa, FL
timl2k12

Postby timl2k12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:06 am

iainhouse wrote:
You're not confused: it is this script that highlights the selfcons and revcons, but it only does so on higher road types - primary street and above.

I think the discussion is somewhere in this thread, but you're right about it being a long one. :lol: I think the reasoning is that it's only worth fixing them for the more "important" roads. I have seen a couple of requests before to highlight all of them, but I think Timbones (the author) doesn't feel it is necessary.

Thanks. My two cents, it is important for all roads, though especially those near important roads. It was actually a mystery to me what problem a Uturn node causes until I accidentally discovered one on the Live map when I wanted the answer to the question "How will waze reverse a users direction at an SPUI where no uturns are allowed?. Well a picture is worth a thousand words so:
Bad U-turn1.jpg
annotated image
Bad U-turn1.jpg (111.77 KiB) Viewed 630 times

I saw this and sure enough there was a Uturn node at Briarthorn and Midland. I don't understand why the uturn node gives the end result and the irony is on a road like Ehrlich you can make a u-turn at most median crosses, but since it is not split, waze won't give that option, something that will hopefully be addressed in the future.
Level 3 Area Manager - Tampa, FL
timl2k12

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.3

Postby TwisTEDVegas » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:20 pm

First, so glad you made this, I saw it, and installed it. this thing rocks.

I have a request for those of us with malfunctioning eye's. Can you add a BLINK feature to the highlights? Something we can turn on and off. I am partially red blind, so seeing "locks", "No Names", and no City all blend together and into the background. Turning everything else off ( roads, Bing, city etc) helps, but the flash would be unmistakable.

If it can't be done, or your busy, no biggie.

Again thanks for coding this for all of us and looking at this.
PM Me -=||=-Area Manager North Western Las Vegas Valley. North of the 95, West of the 15
WikiQuick Start Guide-|-Map Editing-|-Best Map Editing Practice-|-Junctions
TwisTEDVegas

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor