[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.3

Postby Superfraggle » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:35 am

Tim,

Can I suggest/Request a feature.

Specifically around roundabouts, an option or a default setting to NOT highlight roundabouts, and maybe a new colour for roundabout.

I keep spotting unnamed segments, only to zoom in and see they are roundabouts, if you add a colour for roundabouts, it will help identify roundabouts that not marked correctly as roundabouts..
Superfraggle
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby mapcat » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:17 pm

zCougar wrote:
mapcat wrote:I've forgotten--why are railroads not included among the highlighted segment types?

Select "Highlight Landmarks" and you see railroads as dashed lines. I do not miss purple lines but I would like to see them this way all time in both WME and client ;-)

Ah, that's right. Thanks. I agree it would be better to show them with this symbol (or any unique symbol), but not in the client, since some of us use railroad segments to leave messages for other editors.
mapcat

Postby zCougar » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:43 am

mapcat wrote:I've forgotten--why are railroads not included among the highlighted segment types?

Select "Highlight Landmarks" and you see railroads as dashed lines. I do not miss purple lines but I would like to see them this way all time in both WME and client ;-)

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby mapcat » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:21 am

I've forgotten--why are railroads not included among the highlighted segment types?
mapcat

Postby stevecody » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:26 pm

stevecody wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Waze is still looking at 3-month+ old GPS tracks for the map problem detection, which has been reported to Waze for over a year and they haven't done anything about it.

I had a similar issue about 2 weeks ago where a new road construction completely changed the geometry of a road. I updated the new road so it is very accurate and a few weeks after, I got a "too far apart" road error with GPS tracks following the original road path, which no longer physically exists.

Quoting myself above... I just found out that a well meaning editor "fixed" the problem I just described in the post above by redrawing those roads based on the outdated satellite imagery. The road doesn't match the imagery any more and I had to drive it and "pave" it originally to get it right. I had to re-do it all again yesterday. Well, I guess this is one of the reasons locking is used for...
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby stevecody » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:59 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Waze is still looking at 3-month+ old GPS tracks for the map problem detection, which has been reported to Waze for over a year and they haven't done anything about it.

I had a similar issue about 2 weeks ago where a new road construction completely changed the geometry of a road. I updated the new road so it is very accurate and a few weeks after, I got a "too far apart" road error with GPS tracks following the original road path, which no longer physically exists.
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Timbones » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:42 am

doomedtx wrote:I'm wondering if there's a better way to see these errors than to select each node individually. ... It would be cool if I could see all the bad junctions at a glance.

The script used to display all the nodes with warnings, but it made the map look like it had bad cases of the measles. This encouraged editors to 'fix' every single node that they could see, without actually benefiting the map. This could actually cause more harm than good, as properly disallowed turns could easily get reset by a careless editor.

Generally, the Waze map works just fine with the existence of soft-turns and reverse-connectivity. The script was changed to only show the state of a selected turn, and it is intended to be used when there is a problem with routing that needs to be diagnosed.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby bgodette » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:48 pm

Try 12 month+ old GPS tracks, this area pops MPs whenever they rerun it because it looked like gmap's aerials a little over a year ago.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby hebermc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Gas stations are turning red after loading the script and activating "Highlight Landmarks".
hebermc
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby HandofMadness » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:34 pm

xteejx wrote:I'm not on your server mate. Assume it's probably the same though, or perhaps MPs are run manually these days. Just so strange that there's been an influx of users yet no detected issues...

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Not even the map problems caused by parking lots (missing road) or people making a U-Turn (traveling against the road direction)?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor