[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov

Postby Timbones » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 pm

I don't think we need to worry too much about soft turns on a roundabout. The one-wayness of the segments should be strong enough to direct people the right way round the roundabout. I'm not even sure it's possible to go the wrong way round anyway.

via mobile
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5

Postby rob7mgte » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:23 pm

Timbones wrote:Yes. Unnamed and paved roads are highlighted with bold red until they are named and connected. There's no option to disable it...

I know about the WME red highlighting you are referring to, but I think this is something different.

It was a named segment that had all of the correct characteristics. The two issues were it was completely disconnected from any other segments, and it didn't have a node at either end. I can recreate the red highlighting scenario by making a disconnected road. It doesn't matter if it is named or not.

It does not happen if your script is disabled. When your script is enabled, I also disabled all other scripts to make sure this isn't some kind of interaction or related to something else. It also happens if none of the options in your script are enabled. The highlighting goes away once the segment has a single node in it (which all connected segments would have). Could the 'no nodes' scenario this be an unhandled situation in your script causing strange behavior?
rob7mgte

Re: Re: Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v

Postby Timbones » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:11 pm

rob7mgte wrote:Could the 'no nodes' scenario this be an unhandled situation in your script causing strange behavior?

This is a deliberate (and undocumented) feature. If a segment has zero nodes, then it needs attending to, and either connecting or deleting.

If you really do need to keep an unconnected segment on the map, add nodes to each end. Generally, non-drivable roads don't need to be mapped.

via mobile
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: Re: Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v

Postby rob7mgte » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Timbones wrote:This is a deliberate (and undocumented) feature. If a segment has zero nodes, then it needs attending to, and either connecting or deleting.

If you really do need to keep an unconnected segment on the map, add nodes to each end. Generally, non-drivable roads don't need to be mapped.

Ok, got it. Well it is effective at drawing attention! :D
rob7mgte

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov

Postby Timbones » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Thread too long, started a new one. Oh, and a new version released today too. :)

> [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb 2013
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Previous

Return to Waze Map Editor