The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

City name spelling

Post by stevecody
In this location, the city name is misspelled at some place and I don't know where to change it. The correct spelling is Cayce.

Permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=2&lat ... TFTTTTTTFT

The screenshot shows the correct and incorrect spellings. How can I fix this?

Thanks!
Steve
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:9168526

Send a message
Attachments

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This is one time when the city layer is helpful as the one bad segment had a square around it.

You can usually find one or a small group of misnamed segments. From the higher level zoom, double click on the name until you can find it. There is sometimes more than one segment and they can be separated, with the name in the middle, so those are harder to find.

The name will not disappear from the map for quite some time. Last time I did it, it was 2 months or more of regular map updates.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
The highlighter tools will be helpful in this situation too. See viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25806...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Scruffy151
You have to find the segment(s) with the wrong spelling and change them to the correct one.

If you get finished with that one you can try working on D'Iberville, MS. Somewhere there are segments using a lower case ele "l" instead of an uppercase eye "I".
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by stevecody
Thanks guys. I found one tiny segment with the misspelling in it, but it didn't change after I fixed it. I thought there might be more. After what Alan said, it may just be a matter of time for it to update. Thanks for the feedback.

For the one with the city name and l vs. I, I wonder if there is a font tweek that could be done so that all characters are displayed in uppercase. That could help identify the incorrect ones. :)
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message