The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

options to keep map static (so North is aways at top)

Post by darfcrow
I know I can click on the compass and the map will reorient so that I can see if I'm going West - then I'm heading toward the LEFT.
I'm very good at reading maps and that's the way I want it displayed; but I like the other things we get from Waze.
My brother said it's an option on Google maps and you can set it to North is ALWASY up top.

And, on this site it says you get 200 points when I friend signs up. I got my brother to sign up (I was physically with him) and it did ask (how did you hear about us) but it DID NOT have a place to put my info in - thus, no points for me! :roll: :roll:
darfcrow

POSTER_ID:8282057

Send a message

Post by Agamicox
Can't really see this problem.
I had it before, but it was just simply me. Not the App.

Press the North Sign on the Compass and it will fix it self to North. Works for me everytime.
HTC One X latest Waze version - Using Waze Daily.
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Tap the north-up button in the app. It isn't totally reliable and will sometimes switch back to direction orientation, though.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Di_bear
It's a problem because it's really not that simple for a lot of us. I tap "N" and it fixes North at the top, but the minute I change direction, report something, or receive a notification, it "unfixes" the direction. So, if you're actively using your map, you're very frequently tapping "N". That's not exactly user friendly.

I'm also used to reading maps with North at the top, and that's how I perceive my area, so I'd like the option to always have North at the top.
Di_bear
Send a message

Post by Olestas
And to get points for signuping, you have to be logged in facebook, and make a friend from facebook join and login too.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by rwattersjr
It is most annoying that the map reverts to driving direction = up, especially when you go around a turn. This complaint was logged ages ago and nothing seems to done about it. :x
rwattersjr
Send a message