Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by dknight212
Ehud, we appreciate the extra effort to communicate. It makes a big difference.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Ehud, thanks. Not sure from your post whether we should be seeing new city polygons already or not. I'm not (London, UK).
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
eshabtai wrote:Sorry, I wasn't clear. Cities polygon are not yet updated every build but we do plan to turn it on once we finish the migration of the editor. So you should start seeing it something like two updates from now.

davipt, I remember I owe you some answers about the driving instructions issues. Once we finish the migration and run a couple of cycles we will look into these issues.

Ehud
That's excellent, thanks again.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
iainhouse wrote:
gabrielsena21 wrote:one official announcement would be cool
You know what, I don't know how to say it without getting reported for abusive language. An "official announcement" that doesn't arrive days after something has happened with no mention of how badly things were screwed up would be &*^$*(£(&(£ amazing.
Iain, the final lesson.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
back to 10 June now, let's hope it gets back to normal soon
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
eshabtai wrote:...
Thanks for the update, Ehud.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but can you define "soon"? This week? This month? This year?

Regarding daily updates... this scares me a little. I need to see far greater WME stability first. I disconnected major roundabout in my area last week then WME went down and it was 3 days before could fix it.

Communication, thanks for acknowledging, but this is not new, it's the one complaint that's remained consistent for the last 3 years.

Overall rhetoric is good, but we need to start seeing delivery of the promises.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
It's holiday season in Israel at the moment, or has been recently. We should see some improvement going forward. I hope.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
wroadd wrote:
xteejx wrote:No. TomTom maps are bought from and licensed by one of the big mappers, NavTeq I think.
Tomton owns TeleAtlas.

There are two big players in the market (jet), TeleAtlas and Navteq (TomTom and Nokia).

This to gigants serve the nav systems with data.

For big countries they made their own map, in smaller (less important) countries, where are a local map data provider, their bought the map source an the updates.

Google started to prepare his own service, but it is not jet used.

Then comes the frre mapping services, like OSM.

And now comes Waze, too.

So if You check the main online map providers, You will see usually this two type of maps, but not all have the new, updated data resource.

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én GT-I9100-ről
Google's own maps are used in a number of areas, anywhere where Google MapMaker works! You can see the source in the lower right corner of maps.google.com for your current view

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Thanks Ehud, sounds promising. I'll be more than happy with twice-weekly and predictable updates!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Some of your questions are answered at http://bit.ly/WazeFAQ
dmcconachie
Send a message