The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by eshabtai
All tests have passed and the plan is to switch to the new tiles infrastructure tomorrow around 5 GMT.

If all goes as planned you should not notice anything :) The new infrastructure contains the same map as you currently see on the client but we did rebuild it all. So any inconsistencies, roads that you've deleted and still appear on the client, etc' will be fixed. Routing response time should also improve.

Note that the editor will still be running on the old infrastructure so you will still see the inconsistencies there.

We will wait a few days to make sure that everything works ok and then we plan to start the map update process. It should run much faster but we will run some extra tests on the next few updates that will slow them a bit.

The last step would be switching the editor to the new infra and for that we will have to take the editor down for 24h. I'll let you know when time comes.

Ehud
eshabtai
Send a message

Post by eshabtai
davipt, the order of the nodes of the segments should not affect the routing instruction. That is as long as the actual direction of the road is ok. I will check the issues you raised so for now please don't reorder the segments and instead post about wrong routing instruction. This should probably be on a different thread though.

I will check the GPS points backlog issues.

Ehud
eshabtai
Send a message

Post by eshabtai
The new infrastructure is in place. Please let us know if you see any issues.

We are aware that there are some issues with water bodies (these also exist on the US server). We already have a fix for it but we will wait for a few map update cycles before we deploy it.

Thanks,

Ehud
eshabtai
Send a message

Post by eshabtai
dmcconachie wrote:
xteejx wrote:So now the infrastructure is in place and running, when is the first live test of tile building time?
It's not fully yet. The editor has not yet been switched to the new infrastructure. That will require a 24h downtime sometime soon.
The plan is to first run a few update cycles and only then move the editor to the new infrastructure.
If all goes well we'll start the update on Sunday. As we plan to do some more extensive tests on the first updates it'll probably take a few days before we switch the map. So hopefully by the end of the week. On the upside all edits up until coming Sunday will be included in the build.

Ehud
eshabtai
Send a message

Post by eshabtai
Thanks for the good feedback. As you can see the whole team is doing an effort to share more info and keep you in the loop as much as possible.

In that spirit here are some more updates :-)
We just updated the map today. Please let us know if you see any issues.
The plan is to start a new update process tomorrow which should now take about 2 days to complete.
Once the process is done we will shutdown the editor for about 24 hours and move it to the new infrastructure. As some of you requested we are aiming to do it before the weekend.

Ehud
eshabtai
Send a message

Post by eshabtai
mssusa wrote: Now a couple of questions :
1. Will this new infrastructure allow for more frequent cities layer/polygons update?
2. Will it allow for the addition of State and neighborhood fields in the intl server? We really need those. Currently, I'm overloading the city field.
Cities polygons should be more up to date, basically on every map update.
The addition of state is still on our todo list and not part of new infra.

Today we plan to update the map again and that will include edits from up to the 19th.
In a few hours we will take down the editor and start its migration to the new infra. This may take 24h to complete. We will also post a notice on the down time on the status page.

Ehud
eshabtai
Send a message

Post by eshabtai
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Cities polygon are not yet updated every build but we do plan to turn it on once we finish the migration of the editor. So you should start seeing it something like two updates from now.

davipt, I remember I owe you some answers about the driving instructions issues. Once we finish the migration and run a couple of cycles we will look into these issues.

Ehud
eshabtai
Send a message

Post by evan_chk
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
INTL map tiles were successfully updated to: June 4, 2017 12:00 UTC

please make an update, because we will facing "mudik" at the end of month. Many new roads will be open for route near "mudik" season.
evan_chk
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
Last edited by evan_chk on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by evan_chk
AndyLaode wrote:
evan_chk wrote:12 days and....
waiting...

ah sorry for the double post
wish i can delete it :oops:
resetting the counter..
start again.. 9 days and....
evan_chk
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message