The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Cleaning up "over-editing"

Post by stevecody
The wiki tells us that parking lots should be mapped in a certain manner, specifically, not mapping every single lane. I noticed recently that someone went through the tedius process to map out an entire strip mall/grocery store/bank parking lot with about 30 one-way lanes throughout the entire lot.

Should I go through and clean it up so that it is mapped the way parking lots should be mapped? It looks like they went through a lot of effort and the entire lot is filled with lanes with dots to be munched. I drove through it this weekend and the GPS can hardly tell which lane I'm in.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:9168526

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
stevecody wrote:The wiki tells us that parking lots should be mapped in a certain manner, specifically, not mapping every single lane. I noticed recently that someone went through the tedius process to map out an entire strip mall/grocery store/bank parking lot with about 30 one-way lanes throughout the entire lot.

Should I go through and clean it up so that it is mapped the way parking lots should be mapped? It looks like they went through a lot of effort and the entire lot is filled with lanes with dots to be munched. I drove through it this weekend and the GPS can hardly tell which lane I'm in.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I say clean it up, PM the user and point them to the Parking Lot section of the Wiki (I'd post the link, but I'm on my phone... it is linked to from the Connecticut page that my signature links to)...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by stevecody
Sounds good to me. I still trying to learn when I should enforce something vs. let it slide if it's not a hard and fast rule.
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message