Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Map Edit credit

Post by desithegreat
I added a road today using the "Pave" feature on the app. I also added the name. When I looked it up on the Waze Map editor page on my laptop, the credit was given to the person who verified my addition. Is this common practice for Waze map editing? What's the motivation for people to make additions of someone else gets the credit for verifying the addition?
desithegreat

POSTER_ID:17615629

Send a message

Post by gutrixio
Hi desithegreat,

When you do this, the segment is created in the WME with your username (so you're going to be the creator), but the one who updates the segment for the next map update will appear as "updated by "user" " that's why this occurs.

Therefore the two users will have credits, both the one that creates the segment and the one that updates it.
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by vince1612
Also worth noting: Adding a road with the "pave" feature leaves only an incomplete road behind, it does not automatically connect to the roads it should be connected to and none of the allowed/disallowed turns are set. Meaning a "paved road" is by default totally un-usable.

There always needs to be actions taken into the WME to finish connecting the road, eventually adding the name and setting up turns before the road can be used at all for routing by Waze. The problem is that 99.999% of people who use that App function never finish the work in WME, so it's up to volunteer editors to do it.

Regarding the credit, nobody stole anything from you, in addition to what was already explained above, you should know that you get points for your part (paving + adding the name) and he/she gets points for the work they did which was probably to connect it and finish setting it up correctly, they didn't get 100% and you got 0% like you seem to believe.
There is no verification process for new road segments, nobody is validating what you already did and stealing credits for approving anything, what you interpreted as such actually does not even exist and isn't possible.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png