The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

New Feature - Merge Places

Post by Vespucci41
Hey all,

As you saw from the last release we enabled the long awaited Merge Places feature.
The feature will enable you to multi select venues, that are close enough, and merge them.
You will be able to merge 2 or more venues and choose the data that will be shown in the new merged venue.

In order to start the process select 2 venues using Ctrl+Mouse Click (Cmd+Mouse Click on Mac) and in the side bar you will be able to which of the venue the data will be merged.
Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 1.57.53 PM.png
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 2073 times
Once you choose one of the target venue a pop up will open where you'll be able to review the information from the venues and choose what data will be merged.
Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 1.58.08 PM.png
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 2063 times
You will be able to choose:
- Name
- Description
- Address
- Lock Level
- Category
- External Provider
- Website
- Phone
- Services
- Select the pictures

Once reviewed all the info, you can complete the merge process by clicking on Merge and Save.

Happy Merging,
Ruben
Vespucci41
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:17527666

Send a message
Last edited by LostInMyMaps on Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove sticky

Post by Winner_hun
I can't select 2 residential/private places :/
Winner_hun
Send a message

Post by voludu2
This is a great feature!
Thank you for bringing it to production.

Is there any integration of this feature with the PUR "duplicate" flag?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by TheScrewDriver
This is the post i'm looking for... Had an issue of multiple places that is actually all the same but I don't want to waste the photos.
TheScrewDriver
Send a message