Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by HandofMadness
Not sure if it was one of you who submitted this, but here's another UR from a little down the road.
i210.jpg
(112.53 KiB) Downloaded 1111 times
You'll notice the GPS track is actually mostly in the no mans land between the actual freeway and the city street.

I'm going to move the freeway a bit north here. From the GPS layer, it looks like the satellite image is off 10f or so.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
At this point it's unlikely to be a map error. It may be worthwhile to delete and redraw this section (in case it's caused by corrupted data on the server) , but if that doesn't solve the issue I don't there there is anything else we can do from the editor. It will need to be brought up to support.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Thanks for that info. There's actually several places here in Southern California that do that that I'm aware of. I'd suspected it was one of two things:
- Corrupt backend map data
- Inaccurate A-GPS info caused by switching cell towers.

Now that I know deleting and redrawing the segment worked for you, I may give it a try next time I come across a UR from one of the affected areas. Since the problem is on the freeway, I've been hesitant to delete the segments and lose the traffic data. Plus it never seems to affect my phone, even though I drive through one of the areas fairly often, so the exact point where it happens is hard for me to pinpoint.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jemay
I did a drive (route) on Saturday (which still has not posted my UR) from CA-134 East bound to I-210 E bound and Waze did a auto re-route and I was in the Carpool lane so it should not have done a re-route (to a road on the south side of the freeway). I have been waiting to see what the GPS track looks like to help in the explanation.
It does the same thing a mile or two down I-210, somewhere prior to Hill Ave:
Mine did the same thing on Saturday (but I was not able to do UR for the second one)

Hopefully other editors don't just clear my UR - I did put in to the UR to contact me first....
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by jemay
Type: General error
Description: Do not delete. Troubleshooting map problem Junction causes routing reset.
Reported on: Sep-28
Not mine, but based on the GPS track - the track is north of the main I-210 E.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... FTTTTTTTFT

Ok, now waiting for my UR....
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Post by jemay
I was also in the Carpool lane, so my GPS tracks looks correct. So any other ideas why it would have recalculate?

Note: I picked this route to see if I could reproduce the problem and I did...(the other UR is somebody else)
shawndoc wrote:What's the next step? Delete and redraw?
Good question? Anybody else?
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jemay
As stated before.
DudleySirius wrote:It does the same thing a mile or two down I-210, somewhere prior to Hill Ave:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=61815164
Also we need to get a few more UR for the other one down the freeway.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jemay
Well, somebody went ahead and cleared our URs... So i will send a message to davidwlam asking him :) what did he do? And not contacting us....
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jemay
Now that updates happen more frequently, do one change at a time wait for that to be loaded (reset the map data on the phone) and then you can do your drive.
Items you could try based on this thread:
- Disconnect , reconnect the segments (make sure that a new node is created (don't use an old node)).
- Reverse the a - b segment Note: The segment https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... s=62055488 Average speed for segment A->B: 69km/h 42.9mph) B->A: 81km/h (50.3mph)
One of the two above helped resolve it the first time, but we don't know which one.

- Last resort because of data issues is delete it and recreate it, but as noticed before the problem was resolved before doing this last thing.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message