Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Bigbear3764
shawndoc wrote:Just based on this discussion, and me trying to fix some of these (fixed a whole bunch of Alabama and "Other" state alt names), I noticed a lot of roads have the same name in the Alt field. So real name and Alt name are exactly the same (Except maybe the state field). Seems like a waste of database entries.

Kinda wish there was a script that automatically deleted alt names if the the street and city match the regular name.
Bet someone changed the road name on WME before they gave us the ability to edit the Alt names. They didn't feel like or want to go into Cartoche to do it.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I disagree. I hope that City feature is never used as the sole criteria for address resolution or if it is that the search algorithms are as robust as the current address search that will find the destination regardless of whether you use the actual community name or the name associated with the ZIP code. Unless we have word from waze that they are going to need the zip code boundaries entered to resolve address searches, I don't think we should default to zip code boundaries.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CrackedLCD
jasonh300 wrote:
Kandralla wrote:The user contacted me this morning... I'll leave it at that for now.

As for state and country, in Erie, PA I've noticed new segments randomly defaulting to things near the border (New York, Ohio, and occasionally the country goes to Canada) but never something completely in a different area.
There are border issues in some spots where WME doesn't seem to know what state you're in. The Louisiana border extends east into MIssissippi almost 50 miles at a couple of points. I was drawing in a new subdivision in Gulfport, MS the other day and about half of the segments defaulted to Louisiana and half defaulted to MIssissippi, so I guess I was right on the line. They all would've allowed me to select either state, but if I tried to save with Louisiana on there, it gave an error that I was too far from the state. :?:
They must really hate Mississippi, then, because I had the same thing happen when I was doing some editing in the Grenada area. Most roads there were saved or defaulted to Arkansas. That's ~70 miles from the state line.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Daknife
skbun wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Have you cleared out Portola Valley yet? I specifically ignored that one since it's such a huge project and I don't have much time to dedicate to it.
I'm actually having a hard time finding more of these. Has there been a big cleanup done?

If the answer is no, if you can point me to areas where the smudge still exists, I can try a JS fix I've had in the works to fix these segments quickly. (Also, it may work for other no-city basemap state smudges as well. Toss one or two at me.)
Other Smudges are the Idaho/wyoming state smudge (areas of Wyoming where unnamed roads are set to Idaho. And the Montanna/Idaho Smudge where a large portion of western Montana is marked with Idaho.

As to Portola, I've cleaned up a few tonight, If I see any more I'll link em rather than clear them. It looks like the automated process cleared out all the remote ones except for a few very widely scattered ramp segments, and segments within towns, those are the ones that generate the UR's Alan mentioned.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
nnote wrote:Looks like the farm fields will need to be manually deleted.
As far as the 303 highway.... argh! Not sure what to do here. It's a wreck and not sure what's going on over there.. I got access to it today but damn I haven't driven it in awhile and dont know what it's current state is.
Want help with it. It looks like what you've mapped in but not named is matching the GPS tracks.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
While normally I agree with the GPS tracks being suspect, in this case they clearly show the newer two lane highway with controlled interchanges as compared to the single lane hwy the aerials currently show. And if nothing else they provide a very solid indicator of where the road lanes and ramps should be placed (which it looks like so far you have correct.) GPS tracks can be dated but if there is question about placement of roads they should be a primary tool as the aerials occasionally get shifted.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by dbwiddis
The freeway movement is marked CONST ZN. Is it possibly legit? Or just a bad way of handling a detour?

The labeling of every single dirt road in the fields is... :shock:
dbwiddis
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by dirgela
I can't find a way to report the abuse by the user MagicLT, who is splitting all the roads into two oneway streets. I can't send a message from the forum, because he probably has no account here (by sending the site says that user does not exist). In support section I find no way to send a report as well, because when I describe the problem in quick help window "nanorep" says that my question is incoprehensible :evil: :evil: :evil:
dirgela
Send a message
iPhone 4S

Post by dirgela
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Click the link to email support in the nanorep tool.
Sorry for stupid questions, but were is this link to email support? I can't see anything like that (see attachment)
Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 5.25.01 PM.png
(46.09 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
dirgela
Send a message
iPhone 4S

Post by dirgela
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
dirgela wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Click the link to email support in the nanorep tool.
Sorry for stupid questions, but were is this link to email support? I can't see anything like that (see attachment)
Instructions are also in the FAQ.
This is another waze's example of user unfriendliness :roll: You need to read the instruction how to submit a problem, omg. And you have to guess that your report of the bad editor is "support ticket" :)
dirgela
Send a message
iPhone 4S