Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by floppyrod84
Probably a noob using paving mode. Either way as above, report them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
jasonh300 wrote:
Kandralla wrote:even weirder they all show up with as being in Alabama when this is in Pittsburgh.
What's his rank? Sounds like he must be using the old editor if the state is coming up as Alabama.
Alabama is still default on WME when editing multiple new segments at once. No idea if it will let you save as that though.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
jasonh300 wrote:Okay...near borders, I've seen the option. But only of the two bordering states. I don't see why shawndoc should ever see an option for Alabama where he's editing (California).
Just to prove I'm not crazy. I added a new road today, and it defaulted to Alabama.
alabama.jpg
(34.48 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
For non-American's, Tustin, CA is roughly 3,000 km from Alabama.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Just had new roads I was drawing in default to Mexico for the country. This was in Northern Fresno, CA. A good 5 hour drive from Mexico.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
shawndoc wrote:Just had new roads I was drawing in default to Mexico for the country. This was in Northern Fresno, CA. A good 5 hour drive from Mexico.
Look for the possible other segments assigned to Mexico nearby. This will influence the country available in the drop-down. Mexico comes first alphabetically, and just like the state drop-down, the default is the first alphabetically.
I tried to, but it was in a heavily built up area, and neither the highlight script nor the new Extended Tools have a way to highlight based on country. :( I clicked around for several minutes, but couldn't find any nearby segments with Mexico as the country.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Could you post a permalink where you saw this happen? I want to check it out.
Hi Alan, sorry I don't remember exactly where it was. It was just north of Fresno, in the unincorporated but built-up area. I just thought it was funny to mention so didn't bother with bookmarking a permalink.

Update: I just scrolled all around Fresno with the highlight script on to show recent edits, and can't find that section anywhere. Next time I see something like that I'll bookmark it and let you know.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by HandofMadness on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by HandofMadness
jasonh300 wrote:Having done quite a bit of smudge hunting recently, I've found more oddball states and countries in California (specifically within 50 miles of L.A.) than anywhere else I've looked.

How are you finding the countries? Just clicking every segment until you find it? States are generally easier, since most of the tools highlight for state.
jasonh300 wrote:Have you cleared out Portola Valley yet? I specifically ignored that one since it's such a huge project and I don't have much time to dedicate to it.
Oh heck no. Jemay actually I believe handled most of the auto-generated errors about it, but there's still plenty of smudge out there. Every now and then when I've got the time and inclination I'll spend an hour or so at it, but its pretty widespread in the countryside. Now that we have a version of Extended Tools for the new editor where the segment list works in Chrome, I'll probably start cleaning up more.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: You need to remove the alternate name for those 5 segments. Save, recreate.
Thanks for finding that.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Those look ok now.

But there are other problems around there such as:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... s=61268451 has an alternate street which is not associated with any state.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... s=62237741 has Alabama in the alt street
Thanks Alan, I don't suppose there's an easy way to find these for those of us that aren't programmers?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Oh thanks. I didn't realize it picked up on alt cities. How do I tell which one is out of state when it shows the same city several times?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message