The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

New WME version - v2.25-116

Post by Vespucci41
Hey All,

Here is the change log for the current version:

* Increase editing threshold for area managers in the new permission system. All limits on operations are multiplied by 10 - ENABLED
* First time log-in "See your home" - Use editable are in case no home address is set - ENABLED
* Email verification changes - New instructions how to change/add email (see image below) -ENABLED

* Multiple Segments not using grouped A>B - FIXED
* Refactor Landmark "Places" feature editor, Cities feature editor, New Comments feature editor - This fixes various scrolling issues. I.e.: Left panel for places auto scrolls up on loss of focus - FIXED
* Assigning speed to several segments of different direction
* Bridge button is overlarge and obstructing map elements - FIXED
* Venue lock rank field displayed wrong value - FIXED
* JB cannot be saved in case it contains any segment with restrictions - FIXED
* Issues linking to some user profiles - FIXED
* Can't create a triangle-shaped place - FIXED
* Changes in Google API (streetview etc)

* Update translations

Enjoy!
Vespucci41
Waze Team
Waze Team
Attachments

Post by Javier_MDQ
Hi Vespucci, thanks for the news!
Only thing I've found is that it's impossible to delete an Entry/Exit Point, both in prod and beta (scriptless).

PS: This was already happening in beta (since last month, I think)
Javier_MDQ

Post by RussPA
Javier_MDQ wrote:Hi Vespucci, thanks for the news!
Only thing I've found is that it's impossible to delete an Entry/Exit Point, both in prod and beta (scriptless).

PS: This was already happening in beta (since last month, I think)
Yes, and it's already been reported as a bug in beta.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by WallyGT06
It would also be good to have the option to edit the address of the places before approving them, since in some cases they do not have an address, nor the country.

before this update, I could click on the place that I would approve, and it allowed me to edit the same place that was just approved, now I have to approve it and then click on the place, to be able to edit it.

These are minimal details, but they optimize the revisions I make in places, thanks!

Maybe someone who has access to the WME beta forum can share this detail, thanks!
WallyGT06
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Post by ehepner1977
WallyGT06 wrote:It would also be good to have the option to edit the address of the places before approving them, since in some cases they do not have an address, nor the country.

before this update, I could click on the place that I would approve, and it allowed me to edit the same place that was just approved, now I have to approve it and then click on the place, to be able to edit it.

These are minimal details, but they optimize the revisions I make in places, thanks!

Maybe someone who has access to the WME beta forum can share this detail, thanks!

It's never, ever been possible to edit a recently approved, but not saved place. Any newly created place has always needed to be approved and saved before you can edit.
ehepner1977  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
SM: Missouri
ARC: PLN
LC: USA
[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

Post by bz2012
the missing 'trashcan' on the point button seems to be 'fixable'
I have no idea how to fix it, but this seems to be the 'location'
//*[@id="landmark-edit-general"]/form/div[4]/div/div/div/div/div/div/div[1]/div[3]/div[3]
of the code that says
<div class="delete-button waze-icon-trash" style="display: none;"></div>

When I edit that line to read something like this:
<div class="delete-button waze-icon-trash" style=""></div>

Then I can see the trash can and use it.

however after I save, the line gets modified back to the original contents, so this should be fixed! Please!!

Hope I gathered the right information to help you find the code.

We are also having a problem with some PURs that I think has been reported elsewhere.
for example: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 56.1282416

Clicking on the 'ballon' for this place or clicking on 'THIS PLACE HAS PENDING UPDATES. CLICK HERE TO SEE THEM.' will 'freeze' WME (and WME beta), even with NO SCRIPTS running.

By 'freeze', I mean that the PUR is not editable, and nothing on the screen can be clicked upon to unselect or select anything. A reload of the WME is necessary in order to do any more editing.

This makes some PURs 'UN-editable'. Please fix!!!!

Although these problems are documented elsewhere, I thought it worthwhile to document here because not everyone reads where it is documented and even non beta WME is effected.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Last edited by bz2012 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
State Manager, Louisiana[ img ]

Post by jm6087
These issues have been reported in Beta Bugs already.
jm6087  
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 2

Post by santyg2001
Without scripts, cant open some PUR requests. The ones with the up arrow in the icon.
santyg2001
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Post by jm6087
santyg2001 wrote:Without scripts, cant open some PUR requests. The ones with the up arrow in the icon.
Reported in Beta Bugs already
jm6087  
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 2