The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Updated some street names in Pendleton SC. Need help.

Post by pcbman
The street names in my neighborhood are wrong. The post office changed them years ago but I just moved here. I practiced on the map editor first so I got them named right but I do not have rank enough to delete a road that does not exist and change the endpoint of the connected roads to show where it ends. I added an area and made the comment say "needs to be deleted, Does not exist" Also at the end of one road it has a "cul-de-sac" and I cannot figure out how to show to allow a U-turn there. The neighborhood is a group of 20 cottages together off Riverside St. The new name of the street in the cottages is "400 Riverside Cottage Ln." This is what the post office uses! They use to be named "Hillside Dr and Hilltop Dr." I finally got tired of the pizza guys calling us saying they can't find the house and getting cold pizza. If I did something wrong please let me know and I'll not do it again. Thanks in advance! pcbman
pcbman

POSTER_ID:17635631

Send a message

Post by pcbman
uscwaller, I also lived in and around the Tampa Bay area for 35yrs and am quite familiar with it and the surrounding bay area. I could be used there also?
pcbman
Send a message

Post by pcbman
Yes and just joined this morning. I'm in the process of reading and becoming familiar with it. I also send a msg to ehepner1977 (State Manager for MO) since I saw he was the one that finished my edit on the streets in Pendleton. He responded with some good info. Said they are working on the fact that the chat is rarely monitored in the map edit to help new editors like me. Looking forward to helping improve what I've been using for over 5 yrs now. I stumbled on this forum and never realized all these people are constantly trying to improve it. I'm now trying to get the same changes to my streets made in Google maps. Thanks for your help and looking forward working with you.
pcbman
Send a message

Post by uscwaller
Hey pcbman, I'm one of SC's State Managers, check your forums private messages in just a bit. Sending you a link to a Discord server where all the regions editors are. Also welcome to editing, glad to have another upstate person.
uscwaller
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by uscwaller
Yes, absolutely. Florida is in a different server, but once you're in SC's I can get you in theirs no problem. Did you have a chance to join SC's yet?
uscwaller
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message