Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Multiple Entry Points - Released

Post by
Hey All,

We are happy to announce that the Multiple Entry Point feature is now available.

You will now be able to add more than one entry point to polygon venues, up to 20.
The feature will give you the capability to Add, Delete, Move and set an entry point as the main one for a venue.

Every entry point should have a name, the name will be shown in the client ETA screen.
It’s important to keep the name short to fit the card and make sure it’s easily understandable.

DOs & DONTs

Is good to use the Multiple Entry Points for venues like Stadium, Parks, Shopping Centers and venues that have more than one gate/entrance, all of them allowing the driver to reach the general desired destination and the main concern of the driver would be to get to whatever the closest entry point is.

Don’t use the Multiple Entry Points to hack/solve the nested places scenarios. For example airports being the general venue and the different Terminals nested inside the general venue perimeter. Although you can choose to add multiple entry points to the specific terminal venue in case there are.
Another good example of nested place would be big malls that could have nested parking lots and stores within the polygon.

The release in the client will be in 2 phases

Phase 1: (Current Status)

In Phase 1 the feature will be open to RBS users.

After the driver choose the destination, will receive the card specifying the entrance of the venue. In phase one the best route will lead the driver to the best/optimal entry point. It may coincide with the closest one, but not necessarily.
By clicking on the card the card will be taken back to the search screen.

In case you want to drive to a different entry point you will need to choose the specific ‘venue’, you have built to emulate the entry point till now, from the search. That’s why is important to leave them in phase 1 and only add multiple entry points to the main venue.
Multiple_entry_point_ETA@2x.png
Multiple_entry_point_overview@2x.png

Not Supported Scenarios in phase 1:
Add Stop
Alternate Routes (The 2nd or 3rd alternative may lead to a different entry point. )
Plan Drives

In all the cases above the driver will be routed to the main entrance.

Phase 2:

After the driver choose the destination, will receive the card specifying the entrance of the venue.
From the drop down menu the driver will be able to choose the specific entrance he want to drive to.

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 12.39.51 PM.png
FAQ

1. Will you release the feature for point places?
We already forwarded the feature request with some scenarios to the team and we will keep you posted!

2. During Phase 1 roll-out, where this functionality is limited to RBS users, will Prod App / RPS utilize the point marked "Main?"

During phase 1 the production app users will be routed to the original entry point, meaning the one that originally was there before adding new entry points.
If while testing you you came up with a non consistent scenario let us know and we will investigate.

Related to this, in case the original entry point will be moved, it will not possible to route to the venue from the History in client since the lon/lat has changed.

Enjoy!!!
Ruben

POSTER_ID:17527666

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1697532064-
Just to clarify, it's available for editing in production WME, but you will only be able to use the multiple entry points in routing if you are on the routing beta server (RBS) in the app. If you don't know what that is, you're not on it :)
Inactive user -1697532064-
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Galaxy S20 FE on Mint
Retired SM Ohio
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32

Post by Inactive user -1697532064-
We talked about this in the wiki discussion. Sketch even mentioned Walmart. I meant to write something in the wiki like "if multiple doors give the same routing, you only need one entry point" or something, but I guess I forgot. Or maybe I left it out since we didn't have clear consensus over what to do with doors on the same side of a building. And yeah since we can't do it for point places, that takes the Walmart question off the table for now. So are you thinking we should add entry points for each door just based on where people want to go in a store, with a view toward when we can choose? Never thought of that

Sent from my S9 using Tapatalk
Inactive user -1697532064-
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Galaxy S20 FE on Mint
Retired SM Ohio
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32

Post by alexs001
nzahn1 wrote:
WazingArch wrote:When drivers submit photos of Places, do photos get sorted according to the entry points?
I think this is a great idea. Especially for places like malls of stadiums where the entries are visually distinctive or even signed uniquely.
There was talk of using the coordinates from the photos as well as the time/date stamp to show a photo more likely to match what the user would see as they approach. Not sure what the status of this is though
alexs001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 9
Send a message
Local Champ: Canada
Area Manager: Okanagan Valley, BC / Newfoundland and Labrador

https://s.waze.tools/c6.png https://s.waze.tools/s0500.png

Post by Ardillon42
Does the Live map is in phase 3 ?
Ardillon42
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by Ardillon42
Is it planned to add time restrictions on entry?
And is planned to have an option to temporary close an entry?
Ardillon42
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by Ardillon42
BehnamNHappy wrote:any news about Phase 2?
Phase 1 is working great. I didn't see any problem till now.
Waze working hard with Google Assistant, I guess/hope phase 2 will come just after.
Ardillon42
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by Ardillon42
WazingArch wrote:When drivers submit photos of Places, do photos get sorted according to the entry points?
Perhaps in a phase 3, if I don't say a mistake, it was asked on beta app forum. I hope this will taken in consideration, it's import to have the right information => less UR or less "Waze was wrong" from users.
Ardillon42
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by Ardillon42
Any news of when the feature will be launch on App ? The first post has around 9 month ...
For the moment I only add MEP on POI, but I did see it on the App (AA included).
When the phase 1 will arrive in RPS ?
When new phase 2 will arrive on RBS and RBS ?
Ardillon42
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by atrophicshiner
dspille wrote:I suspect this is because while multiple entry points cannot be created in production WME...
You can create and rename multiple entry points in Production WME, it's the main reason for this thread ;)
atrophicshiner
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 8
Send a message
- Chris - (Catching up with the Ia{i}ns one Chris at a time)

https://cottagepi.uk/proud-wazer.gifhttps://cottagepi.uk/pirate.pnghttps://cottagepi.uk/Beta_app.pnghttps://cottagepi.uk/tolls.pnghttps://cottagepi.uk/Iain.png
UK Local Champ would you believe
AM the Middle bit of England
Usability | Simplicity | Retention

Post by bart99gt
Adding another vote for PPs.

Some shopping centers are built on top of a parking deck that exclusively serves that center, and that parking deck may have multiple entrances on different streets. Being able to define only one entry point means we have to choose the "best" entry, which will inevitably lead to a UR from a user stating "I could have entered the parking deck here, instead of driving around the block"

You could work around it with a parking place, but still kind of a toss up if the user pays attention to the parking suggestions. I think it would be preferable that we have the capability to have Waze route them to the most logical entry based on their route.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM