Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by krizecek
When will this project be released to everyone?
krizecek
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by krizecek
In what condition is this news two years old :-( and when will it be launched to all users ?
krizecek
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by krizecek
whoaitspete wrote:In case you missed it, there was a WME update in April that MEPs could be added to point places: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=300877

But yes, that is all we have heard this year. The feature is live for all iOS users, but not Android.
I know that WME has been able to use this function for a year, but mobile applications cannot use it yet :-(
krizecek
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
Vespucci41 wrote:The release in the client will be in 2 phases

Phase 1: (Current Status)

In Phase 1 the feature will be open to RBS users.

(...)

2. During Phase 1 roll-out, where this functionality is limited to RBS users, will Prod App / RPS utilize the point marked "Main?"

During phase 1 the production app users will be routed to the original entry point, meaning the one that originally was there before adding new entry points.
If while testing you you came up with a non consistent scenario let us know and we will investigate.

Related to this, in case the original entry point will be moved, it will not possible to route to the venue from the History in client since the lon/lat has changed.
Why this was published and announced in WME if it still requires routing beta server (RBS) to work, and has potential to break routing for regular users?
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
atrophicshiner wrote:You can create and rename multiple entry points in Production WME, it's the main reason for this thread ;)
But they don't work without using routing beta server. Thus, places can't be designed for multiple entry points because only one of them will actually work. So, parking lot roads or walking trails inside a building and other similar hacks is still required to enable routing to the nearest entry, or to enable routing in general. I do like this feature a lot but it shouldn't had been released without full support on the routing server and client side.
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
santyg2001 wrote:
m4rc072 wrote:What is the difference between the Main entry point and the others?
As far as I know that's the idea, let's suppose that you have a place which is a mall, and this mall have multiple entry points what you already add it in the WME. You select a principal entry(this will be the default entry for this place) and if you wish to go to another entrance of this place you will need to choose the specific entrance (venue), that currently are created as separated venues in the Editor.
Main entry is used when place is added as a stop point to currently active route. Other entry points are not used unless you are using Routing Beta Server (there is a special search keyword for that). When multiple entry points feature is finished, Waze will not necessarily pick the main entry point but an entry that is fastest to reach from your starting point.
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
vince1612 wrote:
jm6087 wrote:
santyg2001 wrote:...[Please check the attachment.]

Thanks.
--
Since I am not part of App Beta, I don't know if the guidelines are the same, so I ask the question.

Is it ok to post App Beta only features (pictures) in public forum? I know for WME Beta, it is not allowed.
It's not, thanks for pointing it out.
In that case you might want to delete pictures from @Vespucci41's opening post as well, because that's where @santyg2001 got them ;)
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by Leorenaud
whoaitspete wrote:I lost the post somewhere in here, so just wanted to ask about an update of what is currently rolled out. Is Phase 1 in RPS for all users, or just beta?
Only beta users.
We already asked Waze staff to open it for everybody. But still no reaction.
Leorenaud
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Leorenaud
Not for Android production.
With Android beta you can see there is a entry point. But you can not choose which entry point.
Leorenaud
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by m4rc072
What is the difference between the Main entry point and the others?
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message