Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mike-bronner
I'm making some progress with the errors happening in Safari for Mac 5 -- it has to do with the order the scripts load in and event handlers. Fixing this will be a bit of work over the next few days, as I will have to recode how scripts are loaded. (Just too tired to do it tonight, and tomorrow is a busy day at work, so not sure if I'll be able to get to it.)

Color Highlights probably wont work until this gets fixed in Safari 5 for Mac ( please let me know if they do).
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Sounds like a good idea, but I can see problems with it as well. Imagine you're in the middle of edits, and the auto-save is triggered, but encounters an error and pulls you away from the edit you were on, not only taking you away from your edit, but also possibly messing things up by interrupting, moving the map, or what not. If you were in the middle of dragging something, that could be bad and you might drag something half-way across the country. :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Good points. I will add autosave as an experimental feature that you will have to enable manually in the Safari Extension settings, that way we can try it out without having it cause havoc.

Also, I have updated the list of known issues, and I am working on addressing them. Thanks everyone for all your help with feedback, testing, etc. Thanks Alan, for all your hard work and dedication (hope you didn't take any offense to my odd sense of humor regarding the "tool" joke, was just a play on words, nothing implied).
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch 0.0.19 is now out. It fixes a few minor things:
  • Theme can be set in Safari Extension Settings (changing the theme in the front-end will not be persistent -- we are still working on a way to resolve this limitation).
  • Save button updates now and enumerates the number of edits to be saved. Also changes color to red when more than 9 edits are unsaved.
  • Fixed issue where segment nodes would jump while editing if map hadn't been manipulated beforehand.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
I haven't tested it with JNF yet ... Does JNF have a Safari extension as well? ( I've only seen the userscript.) In theory they shouldn't conflict, unless JNf alters the source of the page.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Ah! Yes, the advanced Options: due to the way the beta version calculates rank, it might not show. Tim is aware of the issue and I believe he has a fix in store soon. When I tested that, the advanced options didn't show when just using Tim's script without wazebar.
So what I did was put code in place to hide the advanced options button if it wasn't available in the color highlighter script. I might have inadvertently hid it at all times, though, so ill check that first thing in the morning. :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Ah, missed the part where you said he had a new release. I'll add that in first thing tomorrow.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Thanks for the clarifications, Tim. I will definitely take a look your update and integrate it. :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
jondrush wrote:How about a pop-up save reminder instead of an autosave? That is safer.
Well, the button turning red is already a reminder of sorts. I think a pop-upo would be more annoying, at least I would hate to be interrupted by pop-ups all the time, and eventually not read them anymore.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch v0.0.20 is now available and should fix the issue with the missing Advanced Options button for WMECH.
mike-bronner
Send a message