Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

WazeBar v0.0.54 - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

Post by mike-bronner
After some weeks of work I have put together "WazeBar" (working title, suggestions welcome). The goal is to de-clutter and simplify editing maps using the Waze Map Editor in Safari. Additionally, this extension includes timbones' WME Color Highlights.

Currently WazeBar is only available for Safari. It will also be replacing the previous extension "WME Color Highlights for Safari" going forward.

The extension can be downloaded here: http://www.rocking-mm.com/WazeBar/WazeBar.safariextz.
For more details and complete change log, please visit http://www.rocking-mm.com/WazeBar/.

Please uninstall the WME Color Highlights extension, or WME Color Highlights script, if you have it installed as it may be causing conflicts when installed twice. (WME Color Highlights is included in WazeBar, so you don't need it installed in addition.)

Patches 0.0.52-54 are available:
  • Script Update: updated URO to version 1.18.
  • Bug Fix: issues where integrated WMECH city and editor drop downs were not updating should update correctly now.
  • Bug Fix: permalink button should now correctly update.
Known issues:
  • WMECH options don't update properly in certain situations.
  • URO hover information isn't displayed.
  • JNF doesn't always fix all issues on a node.
These issues may be caused by WazeBar not integrating the scripts as expected, or by specifics with Safari. We are working on resolving them.

New Features Under Consideration:
  • Legend for keyboard shortcuts.
  • InstaPaper integration to take permalinks with you, and follow up on them later, even share them.
  • Add settings control panel to front-end UI, eliminate Safari Extension settings.
Integrated Scripts:
  • WME Color Highlights by timbones. (support thread)
  • UROverview script (support thread)
  • GeoWipe script by bgodette.
  • Junction Node Fix script by bgodette.
Script Integrations under Consideration: http://www.rocking-mm.com/WazeBar/Screenie.jpg

Thanks!
~Mike
mike-bronner

POSTER_ID:1991786

Send a message
Last edited by mike-bronner on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:44 am, edited 89 times in total.

Post by edsonajj
ohiostmusicman wrote:With the new WME, there seems to be a WazeBar issue with fixing a UR and saving. When I select one and click either of the three options, the save button doesn't reflect the change and it won't let me save. When I permalink/refresh it asks if I want to navigate away from the page but I still can't save. When I disable WazeBar and go back to the basic editor there's no saving problem.
Have you tried using command(control)-s?
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by jondrush
How about a pop-up save reminder instead of an autosave? That is safer.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

kadurama
Send a message

Post by kaeoboy
Seems to be going well on Safari, Mac OS 10.7.5. Have not tried all of the functions yet. Thank you for the quick update.
kaeoboy
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Hi Alan!
Thanks so much for the feedback. I will start implimenting your suggestions ASAP.

1. Make search-box results go away by clicking anywhere outside of the results list, will be fixed next update.
2. Permalink is 6th button to the right of the search box, the curved arrow.
3. Yellow highlight is part of timbones' update in WME Color Highlights v1.3, I'll see if there's a way to turn that off, optionally.
4. Tooltips will be added next update.
5. Will add that as well -- you can still see your info behind the side-panel, if you hide it, as well.

I'll add screenie to original post.

Thanks again! :)

~Mike
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Updated to version 0.0.2 with the following fixes:
  • Fixed search results box not disappearing unless selecting a search result. Now it will disappear when clicking anywhere outside the results box.
  • Fixed issue with edits not being recognized by WazeBar. Edits should now properly enable save, undo, redo, and trash buttons.
  • Added info text when cursor is hovered over menu bar buttons.
  • Added user info popover when clicking on the username.
  • Fixed download issue where Safari Extension would show as gibberish when clicking on the Current Version link, instead of downloading the extension.
  • Fixed Extension Update functionality, so that going forward updates can be performed in place, and you won't have to uninstall the old version, then install the new version. Instead, simple go to Safari Preferences > Extensions > Updates.
Thanks for the feedback Alan, will work on optimizing the permalink button for the next patch.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Updated with patch 0.0.3:
  • Updated permalink button to allow for right-clicking and copying of link, so that the user can avoid having to refresh the page and possibly loose edits.
If you had version 0.0.2 you should now be able to update in place from within the Safari Preferences pane. Please let me know if there are any issues with that process.
I will update the icon later on when I fine-tune the interface overall.

Thanks!
~Mike
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Timbones wrote:How hard will it be to port this to Chrome/Firefox?
I was thinking about this, but will need to do some more research. In theory, all the meat and potatoes is there, it would just need to be wrapped as a userscript.
robin1979 wrote:Rename the .safariextz to .gz and see for yourself :). Might just work as is (but I'm not that experienced extension coder, but you seem to be :D).
That probably won't work, but you never know. I think the Framework that Safari Extensions are built upon is very different from other toolbars or userscripts like Greasemonkey.
robin1979 wrote:(Any chance of integrating exttools as well? :))
This is something I am considering in the near future, if the extols developer is amicable to the idea. I would love to have wazebar be able to unify all the tools.

Thanks for the feedback guys, lots of great ideas. :)
mike-bronner
Send a message