Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Works well with the Dec 19 editor release. There is still some functionality challenges with the highlighter script. As the map is panned, the highlighter script dynamically updates the menus for editors and cities. When WMECH is integrated into WazeBar, these dynamic updates don't happen. Permalink needs to be hit first. And even then, for some reason, the WazeBar version of the city menu, for example, doesn't contain the same values, such as same city/different state.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mike-bronner wrote:Just got back from a week-long conference in SLC. I'll look into it this evening. Most likely I'll update the scripts to their latest versions first, then work on the functionality.
Thanks, Mike. I was thinking perhaps that those menus, when integrated into WazeBar perhaps aren't allowed the same functionality by design of the extension framework. But, you'll know better.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Other functions of WB are working very nicely for me. I am using WMECH in non-integrated mode and it's extremely nice to have. With the recent cap on 150 edits which count for points per save, the auto-save feature is very nice to have. It still surprises me, but probably "saves" me from losing points. :) I'd like to see the slider be able to be adjusted higher, maybe 150, even though there is no direct relationship between changes and edits.

Related: the WB save button uses the word "Edit" which isn't totally accurate. "Changes" is rather long, though, so not sure how you want to address it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Another update appears to be needed to get WazeBar to active in the beta editor.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Webs101 wrote:I'm using v. 0.0.51 on Safari 6.0.2 in OS 10.8 and nothing I do can get the city field to update in the drop-down menu for highlighting. It's stuck on a single city, far from where I'd like to use it.
Known issue brought up a few posts back.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
skbun wrote:Is the source for this portion of the code available? I'd like to learn more about what property on a segment generates the shield.
If you're familiar with the console in the browser, it's pretty easy to find.

For a segment, get its ID and use wazeModel.streets.objects[wazeModel.segments.objects[<segmentid>].attributes.streetIDs[0]]. The properties are signText and signType.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bgodette wrote:Specifically that's for the first alternate street. For the streetname that shows on the map and that is used for shield display by the client, it's .attributes.primaryStreetID. The segment's .attributes.streetIDs is an ordinal array for the alternate streets for that segment and can be empty.
Aw, yeah. Sorry, skbun. I was digging too deep.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I haven't heard from mike in a while.

For the highlighting, I selected to not include in WazeBar which allows the highlight options to appear as a tab like in chrome.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I am going to unsticky this thread due to lack of development or contact from the author.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Since JNF is being talked about out in the open, I'll be releasing it to the public once WME is updated. Making it work with the current public version isn't a real high priority when it's going to change significantly with the next release.

Including some of the short bookmarklets, that are popping up over in the champs forum, as buttons might be handy however.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message