Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mike-bronner
NorfolkMustard wrote:This is superb, well done Mike.

I use this a lot, but I've also started to love the WME-to-Ordnance Survey script too. Can that be included like you've included the colour highlighting script ?

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/137249

Cheers
Stu
Thanks NorfolkMustard! :) I wall add this to the list of add-in candidates -- but as Tim suggested, it may be too limited to be useful for a "global" audience. I will take a look when I have more time to review, but I wont forget.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
mike-bronner wrote:Yea, I have the repositioning of the WazeBar on my to-do list...
Cool.

Request: (asked of Waze a LONG time ago) after a search is complete, move the focus to the map. Often, I find myself wanting to execute a keyboard shortcut like hide/show aerial layer, etc. But after a search, with the focus remaining on the search box, this just ends up typing into that field.
Patch 0.0.24 should fix the search field focus issue. Alan, could you see if this now works to your expectations? I haven't tested it too much, but I believe it is doing what you are looking for. (I have yet to get used to keyboard shortcuts).
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch 0.0.25 is now roaming free. It should address the following:
  • Full-screen button now shows as pressed, giving better feedback as to its status.
  • WME Color Highlights options are now hidden on the main portion of the page when integrated in WazeBar.
  • WME Color Highlights options now display on the main portion of the page when enabled, but not integrated into WazeBar.
  • WME Color Highlights options do not display or load when not enabled.
  • Full-Screen toggle functionality fixed to work consistently in both WME live and beta.
  • Search should shift focus to map after search is complete. (Patch 24 did not fix this.) WME beta already does this, but live did not.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch 0.0.26 now repositions the WazeBar to sit directly above the map, instead of at the top of the page, in order to reduce mouse travel.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Chris_CA wrote:0.0.26.
Same thing as above.

However, now the drop downs are a few inches off to the right.
I quit and restarted Safari, same thing.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/Chris_CA/3.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/Chris_CA/2.jpg
Thanks for the feedback and the screenshots. I will see what's happening and hopefully have a fix out for you in a short while. :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch v0.0.27 is out in response to some bugs that became apparent in 0.0.26. Thanks, Chris, for testing. I think you will now see those bugs you mentioned fixed. :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch 0.0.28:
Added experimental setting to allow auto-saves every 10 edits. This setting must be enabled manually in Safari Extension Settings under Preferences.

Would love to hear feedback on this, if you think it is helpful, or if it turns out to be more detrimental, after using it for a while.

Thanks!
~Mike
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:No road tiles at the moment so not much to test. Mike, the state of the Waze UI with WazeBar 0.0.28 is interesting when the road tiles don't load. In the regular Waze UI, the whole tool bar is still available, including the ability to search/Find to get to another location. Any possibility of having at least some of the WazeBar UI mirror that? (Good time to dev that now with the tiles not loading! :))
Done. Try patch 0.0.29 and see if it does what you're looking for. Thanks :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
LOL thanks :)
Hey, I have v0.0.30 uploaded ... I accidentally released 29 with some code that shouldn't be in there.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Clicking Install for the update isn't working for me. First time I've seen this happen.
Oooooh .. :o .. not good. I re-uploaded, give it another shot.
mike-bronner
Send a message