Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mike-bronner
Patch 0.0.13 is now out with some initial cosmetic improvements. More to come over the next week, with the goal for version 0.1 being cosmetic UI updates, error handling, and beta compatibility being completed.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch 0.0.14 is now ready. It includes some minor fixes and changes to support today's update to the beta editor.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Hi Chris,

Thanks for sending in the bug-report. What you are seeing is how it was originally intended and should have been that way from the start. It is likely that there were JavaScript errors, in your instance, preventing it from working properly.
I am working on an update that will restore the Waze menu when not in full-screen mode, as well as automatic error reporting to help me keep track of those pesky things. :) I should have the update ready within the next hour or so.

~Mike
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Chris_CA wrote:Don't recall it this way with 0.0.13 yesterday.
Just thought of something: if you're feeling adventurous and want to investigate this further (just out of curiosity, there is no real benefit with the changes I am making to it today), you could reinstall patch 0.0.13 and check how it is behaving:
http://www.rocking-mm.com/WazeBar/WazeB ... safariextz
Would be interesting to see if you do see any differences or even JavaScript errors.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch 0.0.15 is now released, which includes:
  • Separated code-bases for current editor and beta editor to make transition seamless when beta goes live.
  • Added automatic error reporting.
  • Updated code to retain Waze branding when not in full-screen mode.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Chris_CA wrote:.13 & .14 look the same (no menu or permalink).
Not positive it was there before though.
Also, no errors.
The permalink is now in the WazeBar, hence the item is removed from under the map. With v0.0.15 you should see the Waze menu back on the screen.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Let me see if there's a quick way to do this. :) Give me a few minutes.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
There are some key differences, as in different javascript objects, file names, etc. I will see if I have some time tomorrow to sit down and sort this out.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Chris_CA wrote:Okay.
I started using it a few days ago and was turning it off and on checking it out so I must have had a brain fart...
:lol:
No worries :) Thanks for using it. All feedback and questions are welcome!
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch 0.0.16 is now out, which includes a theme chooser. For now you can choose between Default and Dark theme. Additional functionality, themes, etc. will be added in one by one over the near future. If you have a request for certain colors, I can make that, and eventually it will include a color-picker to allow you to make your own themes.
mike-bronner
Send a message