The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Vespucci41
jm6087 wrote: Will there be consideration in changing from a blue dot to something more obvious, like a "W" in the middle?

Will there be consideration in making it standard without having to go into debug mode?

Making the pin obvious it is a Waze place as opposed to a Google place to the normal user, not in debug mode, will go a long way to being more user friendly to the app users.
Currently there is no plan on changing that.
Vespucci41
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by voludu2
This is a big improvement! In my testing, I see that a Waze result is now presented in autocomplete cases where there is no google result.

In cases where there is both a Waze and a Google result available with the same city name, I often see only the Google result presented. I would prefer the Waze result to appear whenever one is available. In fact, I would prefer it to come before any Google matches. Waze map editors can fix Waze address locations (segment HN and/or RPP) a lot more easily than we can fix google address pins.

I hope that, in the near future, Waze address search results will be shown in autocomplete in every case where a Waze result is available.

I also think it is a very good idea to make clear which are the “genuine Waze results”, even for users who do not care to turn on debit mode. The slightly-contrasting blue dot is a good first step, but I think this could go further. The genuine Waze search results could have an icon that incorporates a Waze logo of some kind. And “other” search results would get a boring gray pin.

Thank you for this major improvement. I hope there will be many more to come.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by xanderb
Is that HN and RPP addresses?
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message