The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jm6087
Outstanding. This is amazing news. This should resolve quite a lot of issues that users have when searching for an address.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
xanderb wrote:Is that HN and RPP addresses?
Excellent question

And for clarification, the address in Waze places is still not included in search results, correct?
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:As an aside, considering how high the confidentiality of the beta program generally attempts to be, does anyone else feel a little scandalized by this very public announcement about a beta feature? LOL
The champs asked Daliah about this point and she said
Daliah wrote:we posted in WME, because it's not confidential and you can share it with all editors
but you really can only test it if you're in beta
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
smokingtree wrote:But I still can see Waze PP not being shown as blue dot under debug mode. When I click the white dot results I found that it’s actually a blue dot place but the display didn’t conform to the regularity.]
This release is not related to PP searching but HN searching which has never been in the autocomplete until now. The PP searching has been in the autocomplete for years.

That said, the place in the list is the actual google result, when you clicked it, the external provider link that was added to the Waze PP kicked in and took you to the the Waze PP instead of the google place. That is how the external provider links work.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
glenan56 wrote:Thanks for your answer.
I think that it is difficult for editors not to know from where is coming data address.
It is as difficult to edit well as to answer to update request when People are driven to bad adress.
It should be clear for everybody (editors and wazers) from where are coming solutions that waze displays. Google or waze.

Envoyé de mon SM-N950F en utilisant Tapatalk
100% agree. The filled in blue icon is not really useful (even if the wazer happens to know how to get into debug mode) I would love to see an obvious difference between the two results. Maybe filled with a "G" and "W"
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Vespucci41 wrote:2. The blue pin is only in debug mode and will not be visible to users (this is not a new addition)
Will there be consideration in changing from a blue dot to something more obvious, like a "W" in the middle?

Will there be consideration in making it standard without having to go into debug mode?

Making the pin obvious it is a Waze place as opposed to a Google place to the normal user, not in debug mode, will go a long way to being more user friendly to the app users.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by Leorenaud
Great, that should solve a lot of problems.
I would suggest to show the Waze address first, above the Google address.
But......
It only works if you type the addresses without the city name.
If you also type in the city name only the Google result will show up and not anymore the Waze address.
See screenshots.
Screenshot_20190819-164522.jpg
without city name
(83.58 KiB) Downloaded 827 times
Screenshot_20190819-164544.jpg
with city name
(82.13 KiB) Downloaded 822 times
Screenshot_20190819-164616.jpg
Waze pin
(178.17 KiB) Downloaded 840 times
Screenshot_20190819-164623.jpg
Google pin
(178.8 KiB) Downloaded 820 times
Screenshot_20190819-165141.jpg
without city name
(84.28 KiB) Downloaded 837 times
Screenshot_20190819-165151.jpg
with city name
(67.37 KiB) Downloaded 809 times
Leorenaud
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Leorenaud
smokingtree wrote:I don’t see anything as exciting. I think it was quite inconceivable for an App just to be a wrapper of another for years especially we have many hard working editors trying to create right place and stop points to help drivers (not self proclaimed)

But I still can see Waze PP not being shown as blue dot under debug mode. When I click the white dot results I found that it’s actually a blue dot place but the display didn’t conform to the regularity.
A69B98E3-DC4F-4A9E-A11F-2697A56D1ABE.jpeg
That's probably because you linked it to a Google place.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5000 met Tapatalk
Leorenaud
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
xanderb wrote:
Is that HN and RPP addresses?
I tested both in an area that google doesn't have in their maps and both HN and RPP seem to be showing the Waze results with the blue dot as an indicator
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message