The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

small towns cluttering the Live Map

Post by shalafi
When there are more towns in an area and their names would overlap, some names get chosen (a bit randomly) and those show up on the Live map, which is a bit confusing.

The larger the footprint of a city, the higher should be the priority of showing it's name on the Live map.
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:60880

Send a message

Post by unwallflower
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
unwallflower wrote:As gerben says, it's pretty broken. In fact, it's awful. Graphically, it does not update at all. Roads that I updated months ago still show their old names. Deleted roads don't disappear. New roads don't appear. And to make matters worse, they've decided it's a low-priority bug because it's only the display that isn't updating (rather than the data behind it). Ugh!
Funny. (Not). That sounds exactly like how the www Live Map works already. So, if they change it, I probably won't notice the difference. LOL. Not.
They're talking about implementing the new look of the www live map to the world live map. So I was describing the www live map, not the world live map. IMO it would be very stupid of Waze to implement this new display on the world live map as well, unless they fix it first.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
dmcconachie wrote:
Any news on implementing the look of US Live Map on the World server? Names of small cities instead of big ones and gray colors make it look very depressing...

4\/3!!
Totally agree! Don't recall ever getting a reason for not implementing it on world server either! :(
Trust me, you guys don't want the new live map the way it is right now!

As gerben says, it's pretty broken. In fact, it's awful. Graphically, it does not update at all. Roads that I updated months ago still show their old names. Deleted roads don't disappear. New roads don't appear. And to make matters worse, they've decided it's a low-priority bug because it's only the display that isn't updating (rather than the data behind it). Ugh!
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by support
shalafi wrote:When there are more towns in an area and their names would overlap, some names get chosen (a bit randomly) and those show up on the Live map, which is a bit confusing.

The larger the footprint of a city, the higher should be the priority of showing it's name on the Live map.
Hi
You are absolutely right. we are working on that bug at time and i hope it will be fixed
in the very near future.

thanks,
Ori
support team
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by shalafi
To be honest, I think it works on the client now. Live Map stayed the same.
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by shalafi
Thanks Ori, it's good to hear that :)
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by sagi
The new livemap look, that solves this problem, has already been implemented and is now live in the US server (http://www.waze.com/livemap/). It will be available soon in the "world" server as well (http://world.waze.com/livemap/).
sagi
Send a message

Post by Rytis
3 months have passed, and nothing has changed. It is very frustrating to see random names on the map instead of the major cities.
Rytis
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message
Phone: Motorola Defy
Car: Ford Focus 2011