The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Sebiseba
Hi Hezi,

I'm very happy to see the WME chat coming back but, like Kahl, I think we had all hoped for evolutions.
Is it in project ? For example by integrating the chat-addon script which brings a lot of useful functions. Or more if you want ;)

Thank you for this first step :mrgreen:
Sebiseba
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Coordinator & Local Wiki Master France / Waze algorithm
CM France, French overseas regions & Guyana
AM Yvelines, Eure-et-Loir, Seychelles, French Polynesia, Comoros, Greenland & Xi'An (China)
Scripts Bookmarks / Map Tiles Update / Color Errors

Post by skippy10
And WHY the Staff doesn't communicate himself to all the VOLUNTEERS ????????????????????????
skippy10
Send a message
Chrome - Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G - Android 11 - Waze ß - SM Aube + AM partie du Bas-Rhin / CM France - L6 - 1.3M edits

Post by skippy10
AILe85 wrote:Map quality will suffer for the lack of integrated chat !
+++++ !!!!!!!!

But SOMEONE DON'T CARE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And I feel that we volunteers are/meen NOTHING ! Thanks.
skippy10
Send a message
Last edited by skippy10 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrome - Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G - Android 11 - Waze ß - SM Aube + AM partie du Bas-Rhin / CM France - L6 - 1.3M edits

Post by skippy10
iainhouse wrote:Unfortunately that is going to be something for the future.(
And "future" to "Waze" means "soon" = years !!! :lol: and :twisted:
skippy10
Send a message

Post by skippy10
HeziBez wrote: Community feedback has clarified how important the WME chat is, so it will be rebuilt.
Rebuilding it in a way that's compatible with the new server requires rewriting most of the code so we cannot currently provide an ETA.
To Lulucmy
skippy10
Send a message

Post by steelpanz
Thanks for the update. Would it at all be possible to be notified when someone outside a list of known users edits in your region? For example, perhaps having the ability to create a whitelist of editors and then being notified if someone outside of that whitelist is editing within, say, your state/region.
steelpanz
Send a message

Post by steveinark
vince1612 wrote:All that said I still do agree that it would have been better to make sure they had a replacement ready before having to retire the old one. And also for them to make a public announcement. We shouldn't have to explain their reasons for them.
And if the countries that use the WME Chat extensively would have had weeks of warning, they could taken steps to try and maintain communications via other methods .... UNTIL a new system was available within Waze itself.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)

Post by SunnyRaynbows
For our friends in France and other areas that used WME Chat extensively, may I recommend that this serve as an opportunity to begin using something that is compatible for the area in which you live (Discord, Slack, Hangouts, etc) and utilize social media, forums, word of mouth to carry on the communication there? Should that happen, I think you'll find the communication will be more fruitful, engaging, and better for everyone.

WME Chat certainly has its place and its temporary deprecation is definitely a hit to the community, but all doesn't have to be lost. If you need help, I personally will make myself available to help you with a solution.
SunnyRaynbows
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
SunnyRaynbows
Partner Coordinator
Assistant Regional Coordinator - Plains

Post by SunnyRaynbows
Caart wrote: I'm pretty sure that there is plenty of solutions, but every solution have the very same defaults :
1. It's not embedded by default, meaning that you need to create another account on another platform
2. It won't show where the editor is on the map

So, announcement that replacement is coming is a good news, let's hope it will be sooner than Soon™ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I completely understand your position. Its painful at first to add an additional layer, but we've had great success by doing so. Certainly you all have to determine whats best for you, but there is an opportunity here should it be decided to take advantage of it.
SunnyRaynbows
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
SunnyRaynbows
Partner Coordinator
Assistant Regional Coordinator - Plains

Post by tcalvert317
Having a better gui for the new and improved chat would awesome!
tcalvert317
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message