The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by karlcr9911
No, that's not part of this feature.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
HeziBez wrote:
atrophicshiner wrote:Great news, except, as soon as you click on the 'add closure' button you lose the A/B text, making it fun adding 1-way closures.
Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 14.09.23.png

Thank you, this is one of the bugs which were already reported by the community and we are looking into it
This is definitely the most challenging part of this, but I love being able to close nodes. It has been very helpful in the closures I've had to add latelyl!
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by Leorenaud
If a junction is closed but the uturn on that node is allowed (set to green) will that uturn also be closed? Or is that still available?
Leorenaud
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by m4rc072
Beautiful this new feature, but as asked by others, we need the RTC on the turns
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by m4rc072
subs5 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:53 am
RichardPyne wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:29 pm
m4rc072 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:41 pm Beautiful this new feature, but as asked by others, we need the RTC on the turns

And the ability to close a node without closing any of the connecting streets. I have come across several instances where an intersection is closed but all of the streets adjacent are open. The most common case is when an intersection is being reconfigured from a controlled intersection to a roundabout.

Another situation that arises often is where construction on one street only has lane restrictions, but access to the perpendicular side streets is blocked, but the side street is otherwise open.

If you add a roundabout to the existing intesection any existing segments can be closed since the segment number does not change.  So you can add a node by the where the RA wil be built and then after a TU add the RA and the segment from the RA to the node can be closed with a RTC.   Or you can just add the RA and have time based segment restrictions on the new RA segments.  When the RA makes it thru a TU the RA is not routable but the segments leading to and from ith (but not through or around it) are routable. 
Use a Time Based Turn Restriction for the perpendicular streets not being allowed to be routed. 

Unfortunately the TBTRs are not in real time and are not visible by the Client.
We absolutely need to be able to close only the turns to and from a particular segment but not the segments that need to remain open.

m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by mhh60
@turbomkt Yes.
mhh60
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://j.mp/2wVQ4lFhttps://image.ibb.co/mAzmyU/NYC_UR_Proj.png
SM NM | Booster GUY | AM GU,MP,AK,PR,KS,PCN

Post by mhh60
@turbomkt Yes.
mhh60
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://j.mp/2wVQ4lFhttps://image.ibb.co/mAzmyU/NYC_UR_Proj.png
SM NM | Booster GUY | AM GU,MP,AK,PR,KS,PCN

Post by mythdraug
Another bug I noted is when adding multiple segments, with intersecting dead-end roads. I was unable to close the segments one-way. When attempted an error message was presented. While the closure was one-way, I was unable to deselect the nodes. Deselecting the nodes while two-way then changing to one-way re-enabled them. In the end, I had to close the segments twohway with the nodes deselected, then edit the closure and change it to one-way.
mythdraug
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Paulvdwyn
atrophicshiner wrote:Great news, except, as soon as you click on the 'add closure' button you lose the A/B text, making it fun adding 1-way closures.
Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 14.09.23.png
As soon you choice a direction, 1 of the nodes is shown with his letter.
Paulvdwyn
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by RichardPyne
Will it be possible to close just a node without closing any surrounding segments? I often find construction situations where only the intersection is closed.
shmupi wrote:Nice , but we still need RTC on turns only

Shmupi
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message