The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by SunDevil2213
This is great news and will be useful for decreasing workload on RTC's. Also, thanks for the update on the development of RTC's on turns - as that tool will be super useful when released. Thanks for all your and your team's hard work HeziBez.
SunDevil2213  
Answers: 1
Send a message
Thanks,

Ryan W.
SunDevil2213
AZ State Manager

Post by SunnyRaynbows
Hezi,

This is a great feature and one that is appreciated especially, hopefully, that it may lead to turn closures. That said, however, has anyone on the team connected with the folks at Google and how the node closures do not affect routing in Google when they pick up Waze closures?

Many of our partners enjoy that what we do translates to Google, but not closing cross segments in Waze due to node closures taking on that load, has an unintended consequence in Gmaps requiring cross streets to continue to be closed in Waze where appropriate for parades or other situations where crossing the closed route is prohibited.

Here is an example:
SunnyRaynbows
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Attachments
SunnyRaynbows
Partner Coordinator
Assistant Regional Coordinator - Plains

Post by turbomkt
Can someone be routed onto the segment leading up to the closed node if the destination is on that segment?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by vince1612
cnfmeme.png
(573.75 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
You might think I'm mixing up two different things or topics, but actually not really as I discussed this face to face at meetups with WME team members who said that closures on turns was explained to them at some meetup by people from the community as something to prevent crossing junctions during parades.

I don't know who those people were, but because of them, staff turned closures on turns into a full-node closure feature, preventing ALL turns. While being convinced that's what we all wanted. Sadly the other long-time request which was to be able to prevent only specific turns on a junction in real-time was hijacked by this one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for this improvement and I'm sure that it will be useful. But it just makes it easier to do something which was not impossible to do before. While we still have no possibility to solve routing when a specific turn is closed (accidents, unplanned events...) and restrictions are not a solution because they require a tile update.

Perhaps the thing that saddens me the most is that each time I brought it up and tried to explain, the answer was always the same and along the lines of:
"We never saw a need for closures on turns until we were told it was to prevent crossing junctions between closed segments. Now that we've done this, don't expect us to spend anymore time working on RTC improvements, we don't consider that RTC on turns is something that the community needs and we won't do it." Basically..

:|

TL;DR
I think I'll use the closed nodes feature, which is still very cool, 2-5 times per year for specific events
-vs-
I'd need to be able to close specfic turns in real-time several times per month, but never gonna happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by vince1612
I stand corrected then, I always understood closures on turns would be more difficult but also had the impression that it was not at all on the roadmap and wouldn't be for a long time.

Thanks for the update! Very happy to have had the wrong impression in this case, looking forward to hear more.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.

Post by vince1612
atrophicshiner wrote:Great news, except, as soon as you click on the 'add closure' button you lose the A/B text, making it fun adding 1-way closures.
This is part of the bugs that Hezi mentions in his post, it wasn't fixed yet but they're already aware and working on it.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by willdanneriv
Woohoo!! Looking forward to test driving this feature out. This is a closures game changer!

Thanks for getting this through the roadmap.
willdanneriv
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by witoco
When selecting multiple segments, which is the criteria to sort the node list? It is neither alphabetically nor geographically. By node Ids might be?
witoco
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message