The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jm6087
distality wrote:Are there any plans to implement secondary junction guidance?
For example, this node in Toronto. If your route heads south on the DVP after this exit, Waze would inform you to use the second from the right lane. If your route headed north on the 404, Waze would use the far right lane.
There are plans, just don't know when it will happen yet
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
dchary2418 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:18 pm I can't even view lane guidance on any freeway, since they're all locked at level 5

https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225 ... ll-editors
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jonv-uk
I am getting several cases of lane assignment being lost after a tile update.

permalink (2 out of the three segments)
permalink 2
lanes example.jpg
(48.23 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
jonv-uk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by jonv-uk
z00mb1e wrote:In the UK we have a "smart" motorways system - it opens/enables extra lanes, usually hard shoulder, when high demand. Would it be possible to add, maybe faded colours of the possible lanes?
In the UK you will probably only find lanes mapped on motorways [Freeways] at locations where the motorway splits (where TIOs are already mapped to ensure you are in the correct lane). You wouldn't find lane guidance mapped at normal exit ramps.
In the case of the hard shoulder being used as a running lane at peak times the hard shoulder normally becomes a permanant lane for the exit ramp. So the number of lanes at the exit will never change.

(I'm sure a UK Champ will correct me if i'm wrong :? )
jonv-uk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by juliansean
I have been driving quite a bit lately. Any time there are multiple intersections, lanes doesn't appear in the app any more. This is only about three weeks old. I have tried, with the help of one of our LC's in the US, to delete and re-add the lanes, change the angles, and change the distances of the segments when able, and none have allowed lanes to show in the app. I see lanes everywhere else I have added them on my normal drives, it is just intersections with multiple close segments.

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?lon= ... 713&zoom=6
https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env= ... 262&zoom=6

Those are two intersections I drive on a near daily basis where lane guidance is no longer provided.

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env= ... 996&zoom=6

Lane Guidance works great at that intersection.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
I’ll let you both know and report back.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by JustinJack1221
Thats Great News! Thanks for the update!

During the webinar it was said that all centercode users will see lanes in the Waze app. What about R4+ editors who are not part of beta app testing program and never registered in centercode? They see lanes in the WME, but what about the app?
JustinJack1221
Send a message

Post by JustinJack1221
They have been testing the timing of the LG popups recently, so I'm thinking the LG on the turnarounds might be keeping the main intersection LG from popping up. I would experiment with temporarily removing the LG from the turnarounds to see if the main intersection starts working again.
JustinJack1221
Send a message

Post by JustinJack1221
Just an update to my report. If you have just one lane at the x-ing it works but if you have two or more lanes you can reproduce that problem. Also this issue is not script related as I mentioned in between.
JustinJack1221
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
jm6087 wrote:Not sure what you are trying to say.

IMO,
1) the AGC should not be there.
2) The left could possibly be resolved with heuristics.

Do you have a PL to look at?
I think I found it. It's Avenue O'Brien, Montréal (Saint-Laurent), Quebec, Canada:
https://www.waze.com/editor?env=usa&lon ... 586&zoom=7

+1 to @jm6087. That intersection would work just fine as a simple H shape.
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message