Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by IamtheLexx
I would suggest that if 3 lanes are selected, that 3 lane options should appear.

The intersection has dedicated (painted on the pavement) lanes for turning left, continue straight, and turn right. But only two lane guidance selections were available for the 3 lanes due to the current odd segment configuration.

IamtheLexx
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by IamtheLexx
jm6087 wrote:
IamtheLexx wrote:I would suggest that if 3 lanes are selected, that 3 lane options should appear.

The intersection has dedicated (painted on the pavement) lanes for turning left, continue straight, and turn right. But only two lane guidance selections were available for the 3 lanes due to the current odd segment configuration.
Not sure what you are trying to say.

IMO,
1) the AGC should not be there.
2) The left could possibly be resolved with heuristics.

Do you have a PL to look at?
The intersection had a different configuration back in 2012 when the AGC was added, I have removed it to reflect current conditions.

The same issue continues, I'm not sure if there is a way to indicate a left turn lane at the intersection.
IamtheLexx
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by james890526
@luc45z, WME and Waze app beta testing is 2 separate entity. If you did not join both, then you'll only be able to access one of the features. If you wish to edit Lanes and test the feature in the app, then you should apply and contribute in Centercode too. If not, for your question, yes you'll only be able to edit Lanes but not see anything in the app until the feature is released to production.
james890526
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Best regards,
Lee Zhong Zhen
Local Champ - Malaysia

Waze Malaysia http://i.imgur.com/RVOq2tk.png https://i.imgur.com/6Rk8oL5.png https://i.imgur.com/vk73Muu.png

Post by jm6087
TCholewa wrote:What to do, if line ends without junction (e.g. 2 line road -> 1 line road)?
Is there any way to map it? I think it's important information.

What do you mean? Can you provide picture? If it is just 2 lane road becomes 1 lane road but it continues on, there is nothing to map.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
HillsSnackBar wrote:Liberty Tunnel Inbound in Pittsburgh, and possibly both directions of the Liberty Bridge and Crosstown Boulevard would be good candidates for time-based lane guidance. Here's a link to the inbound tunnel: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... =504434836

I've heard that time-based lane guidance may not yet be on the development plan. I'd recommend adding it to the development plan if it is not on it. The example above during evening rush, and likely at other times, uses the right lane ONLY for traffic turning right towards PJ McArdle Roadway because the Liberty Bridge is only one lane inbound (northbound) and 3 lanes inbound during those times. Likewise, Liberty Bridge outbound (southbound) uses the right lane ONLY for traffic turning right towards PJ McArdle Roadway and the other two lanes for outbound into the tunnel. At all other times, it's two lanes inbound and two lanes outbound, and you can continue straight from either lane.
Time based lane guidance has been requested. Currently, it is not planned.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
HillsSnackBar wrote:I also want to suggest a scenario for lane guidance in which a driver would need to know which lane to be in based on what the following turn instruction would be. Perhaps you could string together a series of segments' lane mappings as both a replacement for a Junction Box as well as a way to instruct the user which lanes to be in for that continuous string of lane-mapped segments. Please see an example here: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... =518113183

The driver headed south on Rostraver Road to I-70 W will make a right turn onto the segment linked above. It has two lanes. They will need to be in the right lane to make a left turn so that they are in the correct lane to turn right onto I-70 W.

Likewise, a driver headed south on Rostraver Road who wishes to continue south on Rostraver Road over I-70 would need to be in the left lane so that they are in the correct lane to continue straight through the next intersection.
Preferred lanes will be coming in future releases on lane guidance. It is in the early development stages right now.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
TCholewa wrote:
jm6087 wrote: What do you mean? Can you provide picture? If it is just 2 lane road becomes 1 lane road but it continues on, there is nothing to map.
I was thinking about this situation:
https://i.ibb.co/6mxt6h1/Line-end.png

In my opinion it would be good if driver receive information earlier, that line is going to end, so that he/she safely change to other line.
Staff has already stated that merging lanes and passing lanes are not currently supported. It may be considered in the future.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
yjanayas wrote:Will the lanes appear on this screen? :arrow:
lanes-min.png
No, it only shows while driving
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Smitty15 wrote:
jm6087 wrote:
TCholewa wrote:
I was thinking about this situation:
https://i.ibb.co/6mxt6h1/Line-end.png

In my opinion it would be good if driver receive information earlier, that line is going to end, so that he/she safely change to other line.
Staff has already stated that merging lanes and passing lanes are not currently supported. It may be considered in the future.
It would be nice if this was supported. We have high crash areas represented with this scenario where it would be beneficial I'm sure.
yjanayas wrote:It would be a very good measure to warn these lane reductions.
Yes, it would be nice if it was supported, staff has stated that they may consider it in the future, but it won't be happening anytime soon.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Depending on the country, it may be lowered over time.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ