Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jm6087
IamtheLexx wrote:I would suggest that if 3 lanes are selected, that 3 lane options should appear.

The intersection has dedicated (painted on the pavement) lanes for turning left, continue straight, and turn right. But only two lane guidance selections were available for the 3 lanes due to the current odd segment configuration.
Not sure what you are trying to say.

IMO,
1) the AGC should not be there.
2) The left could possibly be resolved with heuristics.

Do you have a PL to look at?
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
sketch wrote:
PFMLB wrote:Here a bug in lanes.

- Set the lines for a x-ing and click on apply
- Scroll now the the map view so that the x-ing out of view
- Set lines for second x-ing far away (in my case about 6km) from the first one and apply
- Now save you changes
- Return to your first x-ing
I'm not sure if this is limited to lanes. I have heard of similar things happening with other edits that go far off screen before you save. It might be a side effect of a feature that tries to prevent you from inadvertently making edits to things off screen that you forgot you had selected.

I'm not saying it should stay like this, but either way, it's probably best to get into the habit of saving when you finish each intersection.
I agree, I would definitely not recommend working several miles without saving for this reason.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
dspille wrote:One of the differences in your examples is the former ones have turnarounds with LG on them. They have been testing the timing of the LG popups recently, so I'm thinking the LG on the turnarounds might be keeping the main intersection LG from popping up. I would experiment with temporarily removing the LG from the turnarounds to see if the main intersection starts working again.

Just my thoughts.
I have removed the LG from the turnarounds on both of these intersections. See if it helps tomorrow :D
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
atrophicshiner wrote:Question about heuristics. I understand the criteria for heuristics to work but am curious if it will still work if there are extra segments but you only map lanes on the #, highlighted in image below.
it will only work on very simple # and H intersections.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
z00mb1e wrote:I want to throw something here. I was searching for this before posting, so apology if already posted:
In the UK we have a "smart" motorways system - it opens/enables extra lanes, usually hard shoulder, when high demand. Would it be possible to add, maybe faded colours of the possible lanes?
The current design will not allow for this type of feature.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
WazingArch wrote:Hi, how do we map u-turns and corresponding lanes in #junctions - using the first or second middle segment. Using the first segment is closer to the real driving but lane heuristics seem not to work.
Waze_Map_Editor_1.jpg
Short answer is the median (second middle segment)

From the Lanes Guidance in US Wiki
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/La ... ersections
For each direction of travel, lanes must be mapped on two segments: the “entry segment” (immediately before the median) and the “median segment” (within the median). See the adjacent figure.

On the entry segment, include the total number of lanes entering the intersection.
Any lane that can be used to either turn left or continue straight should be mapped as a continuing straight lane.
Any right turn lanes should be mapped as usual.
On the median segment, include the total number of lanes which actually exist in the median. The number of lanes on the median segment should equal the number of lanes that can continue straight from the entry segment.
The uturn will be created by the heuristics and only show when a uturn is being offered in the route.

https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/La ... nstruction
One side effect of the H/# heuristics is that in many cases the server will identify 'turn left, then turn left' movements across a H/# intersection (when they are not prohibited by the U-turn prevention algorithm) as a U-turn by replacing the leftmost lane arrow with a U-turn arrow. The U-turn arrow (instead of a left turn arrow) will also be displayed in the next turn bar and in the upcoming turns list, and the audible instruction will instruct the user to make a U-turn.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
atrophicshiner wrote:Following the UK online meetup it was implied that HQ were not working to develop lane guidance heuristics beyond the current setup, so the question from Harmonious4 is a valid one and Staff need to understand that there are more scenarios where heuristics would benefit a junction much more than the standard H & #.

I agree this isn't a show stopper for release but it shouldn't be dropped like every other project.
UK online meetup Q&A wrote:Q: Are there any long-term plans to have heuristic lane guidance work on more complex junctions than H/#?
A: "Not for now. Please send us examples of what you need and ideas they have in the WME forum. We can share it with the Product team"
If I am correct, technically they are not saying anything new. Heuristics is developed. The next phase would be complex junctions using JB type setup, which AFAIK is still being worked on.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Olestas wrote:
sketch wrote:
Olestas wrote:So, if we set CS on heuristics junction, what happens? It does not work?
I've tested this personally, and, good news, it seems to work. You have to set the CS on the entry segment (not the median segment), but it works as you'd hope, both for "view only" and "view and hear".
Hi Sketch.. this one does not seem to work.. tried different places to set CS or voice override..
https://beta.waze.com/editor?env=row&lo ... =391009039
straight.PNG
Or it does not work with combination of JB? In that case, where do we send this?
That image does not show that the directions are to continue straight. The CS would not display for a right turn instruction.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
That was a bug that appears to be fixed
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
LittleRichCV wrote:Came across this function on today’s drive, great feature but would love an audible alert to indicate the pop up is there.
If you have a voice that speaks street names (TTS), you should get an audible notification just like any other turn instruction. For example: "In 1 mile use left lane to exit left"
If you are not using a TTS voice, you won't get the notice
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ