The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Help with a UR

Post by pnordi
Anyone have any idea what may be going on here. I have about four URs around this intersection saying that the driving direction is wrong.

In all of the UR reports the Waze provided route has a turn instruction at this junction but appears to go straight through and the user follows the provided route. I can't see anything wrong and thought maybe a more experience editor can point me in the right direction. Here is a screenshot of one of the URs as I see it (the arrow pointing to the trouble intersection is added by me).

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7429586/Waze%2 ... _29_12.png
pnordi

POSTER_ID:10617538

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Pulling apart the junction is often necessary, meaning pull all three segments away from the junction, so it disappears, then connect them all back together and reset turn restrictions.

I wish you hadn't fixed it so quickly. :) I have a hypothesis that these junctions have a bad connection to the next segment.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
That makes sense, and was what I was thinking we'd find. Once you clear this error, drivers won't get the turn instruction at the intersection.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by pnordi
Permalink is posted. See "this intersection" above. Sorry I have the habit of linking that way, sometimes not so clear.

Here it is again just in case.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-111.9 ... s=41843095

I also already have pulled back the roads and didn't see any hidden road segments.
pnordi
Send a message

Post by pnordi
There was a self connection (u-turn) on the section to the south that I cleaned up. Maybe that was causing the issue. Should I mark these as solved and wait to see if more pop up?
pnordi
Send a message

Post by txemt
How about posting the permalink.

Also, pull back the intersection to see if there is a hidden road segment.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.