Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by beffl
mssusa wrote:BTW, is the speed data retained when you split a segment? In one or both segments? How about when you join an old segment to a newly created one and remove the junction to make a longer segment? This is important when mapping freeways out of scattered client paved roads.

If not, then the best option is to extend a little, save then extended a little more and so on.
That's point I'm interested in, too. I read in a post that if you shorten (in terms of compress not to cut) a segment the speed rises e.g. the average speed of the segment is 50kmh. After shortenig the segment to the half the average speed rises to 100kmh. Can this happen?

THX, Stefan
beffl
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by bgodette
skbun wrote:http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... dit_Detail:

An alternate name street must also have the same city as the primary segment. (My emphasis added)
So there's no Street anywhere in the world that belongs to two cities or a city with two official names. Somehow I doubt that.

The automatic default for an alternate street's city *should* be the same as the primary street ID, but there definitely should be the ability to change it.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
There does seem to be a bug in updateModel in the current 771 public version on NA. It will, for causes yet to be determined, decide not to request segment data from the features server.

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 86#p287986

Been there since they released to public. 781 fixed the turn problems leak but not the general bug introduced into loading features on zoom/pan. Basically the url args aren't being built right (going to server with...).

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
AndyPoms wrote:I think I found another bug... In the layers menu, you can move a few of the layers around, so they are on top of each other in a specific order... The layer at the top of the list is actually below the other layers and the layer at the bottom of the list is on the top of all the layers.
Design, and it is consistent with the rest of the layers menu. It isn't first glance logical however.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
mssusa wrote:I'm finding many segments with no level set. I'm not 100% sure but I believe all were old unedited client paved segments. When I edit a segment to fix its geometry points and give it a name then select it together with another completed segment to create junctions at intersections the cross sign "+" does not appear. When I check the newer segment I always find its level property empty. New editor? or the move to the new infrastructure?
Cause a wazeModel update and that clears. It's indeterminate data from modified segments that's cleared by refreshing the wazeModel (F5/Permalink/Panning far enough/zooming far enough).
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
cristianfraser wrote:It'd be nice if we could add house numbers to more than one segment of a street.
How do you propose it distributes the numbers, especially if the segments are different lengths, or cover different lengths of ranges?
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
mssusa wrote:
bgodette wrote:
cristianfraser wrote:It'd be nice if we could add house numbers to more than one segment of a street.
How do you propose it distributes the numbers, especially if the segments are different lengths, or cover different lengths of ranges?
You can because you have each segment's length. However, it is too much of a bother.
No, you can't. Say you've got 5 segments selected that cover the ranges 100-400, but they're all different lengths. Do you distribute based on length, segments, or ???
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
beffl wrote:
mssusa wrote:BTW, is the speed data retained when you split a segment? In one or both segments? How about when you join an old segment to a newly created one and remove the junction to make a longer segment? This is important when mapping freeways out of scattered client paved roads.

If not, then the best option is to extend a little, save then extended a little more and so on.
That's point I'm interested in, too. I read in a post that if you shorten (in terms of compress not to cut) a segment the speed rises e.g. the average speed of the segment is 50kmh. After shortenig the segment to the half the average speed rises to 100kmh. Can this happen?

THX, Stefan
Only in Cartouche, which isn't available any more. Papyrus/WME has always handled speed data correctly in the backend.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
mssusa wrote:BTW, is the speed data retained when you split a segment? In one or both segments? How about when you join an old segment to a newly created one and remove the junction to make a longer segment?
Yes, both, averaged.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message