Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mike-bronner
Quick question on keyboard shortcuts: is there a way to insert a junction on an existing segment? The shortcut help screen doesn't seem to think so.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
That's what I've been doing as well ... didn't Cartouche used to have a shortcut though? Just curious if they brought it back. :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Thanks Alan, I was doing a search for "insert junction", that's why I didn't find that paragraph. :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
One thing that would be handy is to have square ends if there is a junction, and round ends if there is none. -- or something similar.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
xtago wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
xtago wrote:Click on the street if you get no turn arrows then it probably isn't connected and needs to be checked
Please please please stop answering questions with an answer which isn't remotely related to the actual question. You keep pulling answers out of thin air, giving bad and incorrect answers to users, or just completely miss the actual point of the question. You have been warned many times.
If you select a segment and it is connected to a junction point then you'll see red or green arrows, if you don't get the arrows then the segment isn't connected to a junction point.

This is explained in the wme video on waze youtube channel.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Hi xtago,

I don't think you're understanding the point wine4sure was getting at: unterminated segments. These are most often dead-end streets that don't have a termination junction at the end, caused most often by inexperienced editors (I've done it in the past, until I found out, as well). The junction needs to be at the end so the client can handle navigation properly, if I understand it correctly.

~Mike
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Timbones wrote:
wroadd wrote:As I see there was a change in the WME, new fields are available for gas stations (and any other landmarks) for country (state) and city
So it seems. Does this mean that landmarks will become searchable items?
I believe so. This seems to jive with their recent announcement to show advertisers' companies and stores along the way, which most likely would have to rely on landmarks, given that other services have often not been at the correct location.
My guess is that locations would help with these advertisements, possibly by being able to attach descriptions and logos to a special type of landmark, which could also apply to gas stations.
http://www.waze.com/blog/introducing-wa ... our-route/
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Is anyone else seeing the console log "filling up," that is, scrolling and scrolling due to errors like:

The page at https://www.waze.com/editor/ displayed insecure content from http://marx.waze.com/socket.io/1/xhr-po ... 2390335765.

It has "calmed down" a bit now, but a few minutes ago, it was logging a new error every second.
I've had a whole slew of errors this morning caused by developers fiddling around with live. One would think that they would test updates in beta first *hint-hint*. :shock:
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
davipt wrote:new WME keyboard shortcuts, "[None] Select entire street" WTH is a none?
It's the invisible button between ESC and F1 :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
davipt wrote:
mike-bronner wrote:
davipt wrote:new WME keyboard shortcuts, "[None] Select entire street" WTH is a none?
It's the invisible button between ESC and F1 :)
I hope it's not some windows key I haven't on my Mac :lol:
Na, in all seriousness, I think its something they're fiddling around with, where the key assignment just hasn't been established yet.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
While I am unable to replicate your exact scenario, it sounds like you may be experiencing JavaScript errors, which can break functionality. See if refreshing the page lets you edit again when this happens to you next time. Everyone has been getting a lot of errors lately due to the fact that they are constantly working on and tweaking WME live.
mike-bronner
Send a message