Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jab_au
Road layer is not currently showing, is selectable however. (INTL)
jab_au
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by japri
I lost my editable region that drove three days ago... when i started using this new map editor.

How Come? :roll:
japri
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
xtago wrote:I don't see a problem with that myself, you have to go to the intersection anyway, I don't see what the point is of trying top start the navigation half way through the segment of a dead end road when you need top head towards the junction anyway.
This is a huge problem because an unterminated dead-end can be miles long. The highlighted route may not be in sight. Remember, this is a navigation app. It tells you where to go. "Proceed to Highlighted Route" is never acceptable and immediately signals that something is wrong with the map.

The unterminated dead end problem is documented in the Wiki and discussed throughout the forums.
xtago wrote:Also you do know that if you move the end of a segment that has a junction the editor automatically removes the junction, you can only keep the junction if you move the junction itself.2
This only happens if you select the segment before you move the end. If you select the end node without selecting the segment, you can move it around without losing the end node.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Fabione72 wrote:Hi,

I've got a boring editing problem.

I noticed a map error while driving on a road, and I'd like to fix it.

When I enter into the editing screen, I verified that, even if the whole road area is available for editing (that's very close to my last drives), the system says I'm not enable to edit it...

I checked the tutorial, I should be able to do it...

any suggestion? is that my problem or some kind of bug?

I'm using Chrome 22.0.1229.94 m

Ciao
Is the segment you're trying to edit locked by a higher level user? If you're trying to edit a major highway or complicated junction, it's common practice to lock these at a high level to prevent inexperienced editors from making changes.

Either way, you may want to post a permalink in the update requests forum along with the general location and a brief description and someone can try to help you out.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Hey, why is the 'c' silent in the middle of Connecticut?
Because they don't want the extra Illinoise.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Yes, there's a couple if extra mouse clicks, but the Ctrl-A negates any other inconveniences.

I still like the tools better on the right hand side (which is how it was for the majority of the time in this beta).

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
invented wrote:
davipt wrote:
invented wrote: I have to scroll down now to hit the 'Select All Segments'
Ctrl-a or cmd-a is your friend.

For the scrolling and tab issues just use Firefox (or Safari) instead of chrome for a while ;)
Firefox is a dog on my work laptop for some reason. It renders things weirdly.

For some reason also, my left hand isn't on the keyboard when needing to hit "Select All Segments". I will have to revise my editing strategy when I'm "in the zone".

Oh and whose idea was it to make Shift+A into Shift+Z ?!
You know you can remap your shortcuts however you want. I immediately changed Shift+A back to the arrow dimmer. I don't really need a shortcut to the AM layer...if I need to see that, I can use the menu.

Do you use your mouse left-handed or something? I remapped the little accent key under the tilde (left of the 1) to work as a DEL key, so I can do all my common editing shortcuts with my left hand and work the mouse with my right hand. The only time I have to take my hand off the mouse is if I need to type a street name.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
calli84 wrote:
stijnley wrote:Since the new update I'm experiencing some problems when I want to edit. When zoomed in, I select a street that I want to edit. Unfortunately the left editor area doesn't say "one segment selected" (including all editable information) like it should be. It keeps saying "hello stijnley, you are level 1 editor......."

When I zoom out and select the same street, I can edit a few minutes after zooming back in. But the problem keeps coming back when selecting a nearby street.
I have the same problem. So I have to zoom in and out serveral times and then I can select some streets.
This happened to me several times a few nights ago. I assumed it was some kind of server issue. No problem with it today. If you're running any Chrome scripts, disable them and see if the problem goes away.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
numbtrip wrote:So annoying it's soured the editing, and its also much too fiddly to try and select a road that is almost horizontal on the map, I have to keep adjusting my mouse precision just to try and select 1 segment.
This is a Firefox bug. Use Chrome.

If you're having loading issues on the NA server, try resetting your Cable/DSL modem. There hasn't been any type of editor outage this weekend. Not sure about the International server.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
invented wrote:It wouldn't be an issue with a cable modem, it's just a dumb bridge. Maybe with something doing NAT like your router. Perhaps the user that reported success was using a combined modem/router thing.
It could be, as was pointed out by davipt and bz2012 earlier: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 68#p288168

Does anyone make a Cable or DSL modem anymore that's not a combo modem/router? I've been trying to get a DSL modem for my office without a router because the wireless routers keep failing, but AT&T claims they don't use those anymore.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message