Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Dave2084
If you are having problems with it loading it is most likely a conflict with a Greasemonkey script!

Disable Greasemonkey then re-anable the scripts one at a time.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by Dave2084
The upgrade has broken the Brand field for Petrol (Gas) Stations.

When you look at a Gas Station the brand is blank.
Update it and Save.
Select the Gas Station again and it's blank!

Also instead of something we haven't been asking for being added to properties of objects on the Waze map how about something we have been asking for for almost 3 years like a COUNTY field for the UK and other ROTW countries?

I will look forward to updating the 7000+ petrol stations in the UK ... :?
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Why is it when I search on "Lincoln" in WME on the WORLD server and the 5 results I get are NE, IL, ME, MO, CA ... How about somewhere not on the NA Server?

These search results are useless as I'd have to be logged onto the www server to be able to edit them.

How about suppressing NA results on the World server and vice versa. I'm sure someone in Nebraska is really not interested in editing in Lincoln, UK.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
eerik46 wrote:@Dave2084
Just tried. I get Lincoln, UK & Lincoln, NZ.
Whereabouts are you?

Nebraska? :D
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
The city layer has now been (or is in the process of being) updated for the World Server. :D

This seems to have uncovered a bug in WME.

Where some cities have been renamed in the UK to remove (county) if one of them had alt names it has let the editor save the second city with the same name too far away from the first, so city blur is back!

Example:
Greetwell in North Lincolnshire which has alt street names on Messingham Ln and Greetwell in Lincolnshire

These are now linked on the cities layer despite being 25 miles apart.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Further to that I've now found examples of cities duplicated which DO NOT HAVE alt names so it looks like a general error check fail :shock:
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by dave3825us
On firefox and chrome, I can no longer scroll the whole web page. I used to have a scroll bar on the right side.. This makes the map area horrible. Whats the trick to enlarge the map area? . The top header on the page seems like its to large... Can you guys set the map window to scroll on the server side?

Help...
dave3825us
Send a message
Attachments

Post by dgtlrift
Not sure if this is the right spot, but I believe I have found a bug with the map editor. I cannot add a legal turn to a street:
Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 8.29.37 AM.png
Screen capture with turn unable to be added.
(216.6 KiB) Downloaded 763 times
In the Image above, you can see on the South end of the Street that there is no way to add a right turn to the circle. This leaves directions always leading to the left regardless of which way is closer. I'm not sure it this is a systemic issue whenever there is a street configuration like this or if it's just a misconfiguration in this specific street. Any adice?

-DG
dgtlrift
Send a message

Post by dgtlrift
davipt wrote:
dgtlrift wrote:Not sure if this is the right spot, but I believe I have found a bug with the map editor. -DG
permalink?
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... s=11744195
dgtlrift
Send a message

Post by dgtlrift
AndyPoms wrote:
dgtlrift wrote:Not sure if this is the right spot, but I believe I have found a bug wijth the map editor. I cannot add a legal turn to a street:
Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 8.29.37 AM.png
In the Image above, you can see on the South end of the Street that there is no way to add a right turn to the circle. This leaves directions always leading to the left regardless of which way is closer. I'm not sure it this is a systemic issue whenever there is a street configuration like this or if it's just a misconfiguration in this specific street. Any adice?

-DG
Just from the image it looks like Reserve Circle is a loop. A segment can't start and end on the same node, it needs an extra junction on it somewhere...
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... s=11744195 Permalink for reference.

You are correct, Reserve Circle is a loop. If I understand right, in order to get this turn in I have to put another road in to get a junction in place - like a little stub connecting road? It there a link to an example of this similar situation?

Is this is simply a limitation in the logic control for streets?
dgtlrift
Send a message