Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Timbones
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: It's happening to me on Chrome/Win7.
Me too :(

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
Skbun, you might want to send these issues directly to Waze Support...

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
numbtrip wrote:I am trying to edit UK maps.
I've not heard of any other editors having problems editing in the UK. Here are some suggestions of things to try:
  • Make sure you're on the right server: https://world.waze.com/editor/ /!\
  • Don't use Internet Explorer - Firefox or Chrome are recommended
  • Disable any addons, plugins, ad blockers, etc
  • Check that the Roads layer is turned on
  • If you're having problems selecting roads, turn off the Landmarks layer
  • Clear out your browser cache
Hope that helps...
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Technical explanation: Any parameters after a # symbol will not be sent to the server when requesting a URL. The '#name' concept is for the browser only, and is so that you can have links within a document. It's part of the HTML specification, not the HTTP protocol.

The permalink button simply adds the parameters on the end of the URL in the address bar. If there happens to be a # on the end of the address (for whatever reason), you end up with a link that won't work.

Also, the last example that had '?&' at the start of the parameters probably won't work either.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by TonyTorrent
shirlig wrote:Hi guys,

We have just released a new major WME version. This version has been developed and tested for a long time and we'd like to thank our amazing beta testers for all their help and input.

(edited for space)

I hope you guys will all enjoy these changes!
Please feel free to share your feedback...

Thanks,

Shirli
Hi Shirli. :)

I'm fairly new to Waze, but I've got some corrections for the map in my local area that I'd like to do. One of them is adding a gas station to the map. I've looked over the videos and the manual, but the one thing both of them show is the information input pane that should show up on the left side by the map.

When I try to do this, I click on the + button, then do the outline of where the station is, but that's as far as I can go with it. The information input pane doesn't show up, so I'm not able to actually make the correction.

Just for the sake of it, I checked the other items I should be able to change, such as adding a road, and the information input pane shows up as it should.

Now, once again, I am new to Waze and only have about 250 miles logged with it. Is that the reason this isn't showing up? If you need to know, I'm using Google Chrome for my browser.

I have reported this to the Support people, and hopefully they'll be able to add the station in for me.

Also, is there a way to add a gas station that's not a name brand? For example, there's a small gas station near me that doesn't have any corporate name, such as Sunoco or Mobile. It's a privately owned station, but the prices of their gas is normally 5 to 10 cents lower. For Wazers that aren't from the area, that would help them save a lot of money. I'd like to add that station if it is possible.

Thanks!

TT
TonyTorrent
Send a message

Post by top_gun_de
Maybe this is old, but I found no mention of the issue:

When I draw a new road and the road ends in an existing road, the beginning of the road does not have a node, resulting in a road with navigation issues.

I have just found a similar behaviour when I drag the end of a road from an existing junction. The resulting road will have no end-node.

In my opinion, this is bad. Due to the design of Waze's routing engine, every piece of road must end in nodes, there seems to be no case where the end of a road should not have a node. The standard behaviour of Waze should automatically generate a node when the end of a road is not connected to another road, thereby enforcing the wiki guidelines.

Best regards,

Detlev
top_gun_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by top_gun_de
The newly painted segment has no city and no name, so it is highlighted in grey. A newly painted road without an end-node is technically broken.

The highlighting extension is great, but it's new and not that wide-spread.

Best regards,

Detlev

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD
top_gun_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by trinity76
Hi all
New WME looks great - but found a little problem:
The "+" to add roads etc. overlays the layer selector - see attached jpeg.
How can I change this ? Is it only a problem at my desk ?
CU Sven
Waze.JPG
(13.4 KiB) Downloaded 1967 times
trinity76
Send a message
Waze for Android (4.24.0.2) on Samsung S7

https://www.sh-tech.de/Images/Waze.png

Post by trinity76
Trinity76 wrote:Hi all

That happened to at least one person during the beta last week, and it appeared to clear itself somehow. I'd make sure you clear your cache, disable scripts/extensions related to Waze, restart the browser.
I tried my best (deactivate Greasemonkey, clear BrowserCache, restart Browser and OS) - but nothing changes...
So I will wait that it fix itself over next time.

Anyway - thanx for helping.

Sven
trinity76
Send a message

Post by trinity76
Trinity76 wrote:Hi all
That happened to at least one person during the beta last week, and it appeared to clear itself somehow. I'd make sure you clear your cache, disable scripts/extensions related to Waze, restart the browser.
I tried my best (deactivate Greasemonkey, clear BrowserCache, restart Browser and OS) - but nothing changes...
So I will wait that it fix itself over next time.

Anyway - thanx for helping.

Sven
Hi all
Found the solution of this problem:
This error depends on the zoom level of the Firefox browser. After changing it by <CTRL>+MouseWheel it's gone ... :geek:

CU
trinity76
Send a message