Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by invented
wifeypoo wrote:
Another thing that would be AMAZING (and I'm secretly hoping I can already do this and just don't know it yet...) is select an entire street and be able to click w to enable all turns at the junctions. I am in the process of dang near re-doing an entire city due to the unknown/one way roads that are in reality two way roads enabling all junctions in-between. If there is a way to enable these junctions without having to click on each one individually and then hitting w, PLEASE let me know :)
"Suppress turn restrictions" (or whatever it was called) on the last WME script would have worked, but of course that's broken now.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
I noticed the "State" dropdown is no longer present in Canada. It used to say 'Other' or perhaps 'New York' depending on where I was, but it's just not there anymore.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Bug: Chrome/Mac: selection of any item in an autofill list cannot be done with the mouse. This can only be done with the keyboard.
???

I can't reproduce this one.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
I'm just finding it much more work to do the same thing as the old WME. I have to scroll down now to hit the 'Select All Segments', I have to click/cancel the dropdown lists constantly (can't tab anymore!)... it just seems slower.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
davipt wrote:
invented wrote: I have to scroll down now to hit the 'Select All Segments'
Ctrl-a or cmd-a is your friend.

For the scrolling and tab issues just use Firefox (or Safari) instead of chrome for a while ;)
Firefox is a dog on my work laptop for some reason. It renders things weirdly.

For some reason also, my left hand isn't on the keyboard when needing to hit "Select All Segments". I will have to revise my editing strategy when I'm "in the zone".

Oh and whose idea was it to make Shift+A into Shift+Z ?!
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
mike-bronner wrote:If we're speaking of graphically drawing things out, the browser is already doing this. The server just sends the raw data about the objects (coordinates, basically), then the browser renders everything through SVG data. The selectable road object is actually separate from the road that you see. It is an invisible vector object that gets manipulated as you select it or hover over it.
Because all objects are essentially data, and not graphics, we can create nifty add-ons, like timbones' color hightlights script, that can manipulate segments. :)
The only graphics that the server servers up is the Bing imagery, which comes from Bing servers, so it doesn't present an additional load on the Waze servers.
We are saying the same thing I think. What we see visually for the road layer, is a png, aligned with the actual SVG layer. What I'd like to see is the SVG layer only to be loaded, and have the browser draw the actual visible layer too.

In terms of the browser save causing a tile refresh, that is a capability of the current infrastructure and was one of the major features of the upgrade the US got a few months ago, and the World got this past week.

However, we do not want it to happen this quickly, at least, not so the app can download it right away or by default. Can you imagine a tile being saved 20 times in 5 minutes and the app downloading the tile 20 times? That would crush both the infrastrucutre network bandwidth and kill our data plan limits. :) It may be able to do that, but before we do, we need better, more restrictive default app tile download behavior.
the app doesn't even update a tile until you route over it so it's pretty moot.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
jasonh300 wrote:
numbtrip wrote:So annoying it's soured the editing, and its also much too fiddly to try and select a road that is almost horizontal on the map, I have to keep adjusting my mouse precision just to try and select 1 segment.
This is a Firefox bug. Use Chrome.

If you're having loading issues on the NA server, try resetting your Cable/DSL modem. There hasn't been any type of editor outage this weekend. Not sure about the International server.
It wouldn't be an issue with a cable modem, it's just a dumb bridge. Maybe with something doing NAT like your router. Perhaps the user that reported success was using a combined modem/router thing.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
Often, segment selection just fails and I have to hit Permalink to refresh it.
invented
Send a message

Post by iron_eric
Is it possible to add a shortcut to edit street name. Its click on the segment, then click on edit, then on the check box, then it allows you to edit the street name!
iron_eric
Send a message

Post by iron_eric
Silly me, another one who forgot the keyboard shortcut!

iron_eric
Send a message