Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davipt wrote:"currently highlighted item." <-- this is the problem, the first item is auto-highlighted all the time and it shouldn't. I've given my example before - N8 and N8-1, I can't write N8 anymore because it always changes to N8-1 unless I write N8 and escape and enter really quickly.
Hmm. In Chrome, as soon as I enter characters beyond or not matching any items nearby, the auto-fill menu disappears.

For example, I just created a segment and went to name it "US Hwy 26 W" Now, nearby is "US Hwy 26" but without any cardinal direction. As soon as I hit spacebar after "26" the auto-fill of "US Hwy 26" disappeared and didn't interfere.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gerben wrote:His problem is the other way around ;)
Time for me to take a nap.

Yeah, so I just tap escape. Not sure about the "quickly" part as it just stays there once I hit Esc. Or I just click Apply. But, Esc then tab 4 times gets you to Apply if we're staying close to the keys.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
wifeypoo wrote:One issue I have come across thus far is when I have clicked on a problem/request to update, the zoom in plus on the left is disabled. I have to close the drop down at the top of the screen to use the zoom in function. I'm using Chrome
That one is known, reported during the beta. We were told it would be fixed. It wasn't. It's not just the zoom+ button, but there is a band all the way across the map below the Map Problem or Update Request banner which is unclickable.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davipt wrote:
japri wrote:I lost my editable region that drove three days ago... when i started using this new map editor.
I have a user here in Portugal that reported the same. He logged in and had 0 points and no permissions to edit anything (and surely was on world.waze.com), but after some hours everything was back ok for him.

Do you see any points and drives on your account?
Please document areas lost here: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31184
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davipt wrote:So my feeling, to keep this completely ontopic, is that the user was logged in, lost the session, scrolled around, tried to edit stuff and nothing was available. I don't think he tried to logout and login again though. And this is relevant because I've seen myself the case where the map doesn't update, I click refresh and get the login page, then click refresh and am logged in again.

Is the cookie session load balanced and maybe one node is returning an error?
You may be correct with your conclusion, but I cannot say for sure. If the session is "lost" then it should prompt you to log in again. I have seen this happen. But, if logging out and logging back in resolves it, then that is also good evidence.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
wine4sure wrote:Forgive me if this is already covered in the 19 pages of messages, but is there any way that I've missed to tell if a road ends in a node once it's been selected?

Previously you would get a different shape at the end. Now it looks to me like you get the same size circle at each end. Am I missing something?

You can't always tell by the blue dot because sometimes the street name obscures it. And anyway I would like to know once the road is actually selected.
No, you have to look for the blue diamond junction.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
xtago wrote:Click on the street if you get no turn arrows then it probably isn't connected and needs to be checked
Please please please stop answering questions with an answer which isn't remotely related to the actual question. You keep pulling answers out of thin air, giving bad and incorrect answers to users, or just completely miss the actual point of the question. You have been warned many times.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
xteejx wrote:... the A and B are far too big to see node images....
You should have seen the first rev. :o

I too think they would be best smaller, but given the information trying to be imparted when it comes to being able to more easily explain directionality, as A and B both appear in the drop-down menu now, as well as house numbers, I'm not sure we're as good as it's gonna get.

Unless they do something like Cartouche and have the (A) and (B) be next to/above/near the node ends hovering in space, I don't think they can get any smaller and be quickly readable.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Bug: Chrome/Mac: selection of any item in an autofill list cannot be done with the mouse. This can only be done with the keyboard.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
invented wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Bug: Chrome/Mac: selection of any item in an autofill list cannot be done with the mouse. This can only be done with the keyboard.
???

I can't reproduce this one.
I will make sure I disable scripts and try again.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message