Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mssusa
bgodette wrote:
cristianfraser wrote:It'd be nice if we could add house numbers to more than one segment of a street.
How do you propose it distributes the numbers, especially if the segments are different lengths, or cover different lengths of ranges?
You can because you have each segment's length. However, it is too much of a bother.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
bgodette wrote:No, you can't. Say you've got 5 segments selected that cover the ranges 100-400, but they're all different lengths. Do you distribute based on length, segments, or ???
Length?
I must be very slow today because I can't find any other options. I can't even figure out what you mean by the "segments" alternative let alone the ??? :grin:

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Kuhlkatz wrote:...
My biggest single gripe is the geometry nodes. The old solid square nodes contrasted much better, and was much more visible when located near or on top of segment joins.
I don't mind them being round, but no fill vs filled should be considered as a preference setting. Currently the nodes hide very well when zoomed out far enough.
I second that. In addition, the landmarks layer is either conflicting with the highlighting tool or becoming more and more of a b* on Chrome. I always turn it off, but when I add a single landmark it automatically goes on and from then onwards nothing is selectable/editable even if I turn it back off. I have to reload.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Possible fix for:
"Highlighted segment has been extended beyond the allowed distance"
The workarounds have been documented for quite some time: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... _the_limit

Just splitting the segment is enough because then there are new segments with start/end points instead of an original segment with an end point moved too far.
BTW, is the speed data retained when you split a segment? In one or both segments? How about when you join an old segment to a newly created one and remove the junction to make a longer segment? This is important when mapping freeways out of scattered client paved roads.

If not, then the best option is to extend a little, save then extended a little more and so on.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
I kinda like the current behavior. With the highlighting tool the lime color reminds me that work on this segment is not over yet. Very helpful with long roads and highways where there is a lot of panning.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
top_gun_de wrote:The newly painted segment has no city and no name, so it is highlighted in grey. A newly painted road without an end-node is technically broken.

The highlighting extension is great, but it's new and not that wide-spread.

Best regards,

Detlev

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD
Everything I'm not completely done with is technically broken. Named or not. Newly mapped or disconnected from years old system-connected client-paved roads. All I'm saying is that I'm hacking this 'bug' to mark the roads that I should not end my editing session without mapping properly.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Mycrophage
Is anyone, in any country knowing how does the Alt. Names works ?
In France we did not use this feature.
Is it possible to have something like :
Street Name : Street number (example : A1, N20, D171,...)
Alt Name : Road name (example : Autoroute du Soleil, Rue de la Paix,...)

Is this giving ability to have display like as we can found in the US or some roads in the World server :
http://wikitravel.org/upload/shared//7/74/NL-A20.png

Thx =)
Mycrophage
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
..:: Light is Right ::..

Post by Nacron
Wow, just saw the new editor. Am I seeing a way to restrict u-turns by selecting multiple streets in an intersection?!

Nevermind, it's just diretionality for multiple segments
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE | Samsung S22 Ultra 5G
Waze Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 50k_5c.png

Post by Numbtrip
I have given up trying to edit at all now, everytime I try I maybe manage to do 1 or 2 edits before it constantly sits stating "loading Map images" or similar. I've even tried it it Chrome instead of Firefox but no change.

So annoying it's soured the editing, and its also much too fiddly to try and select a road that is almost horizontal on the map, I have to keep adjusting my mouse precision just to try and select 1 segment.
Numbtrip
Send a message

Post by Numbtrip
Hi

Sadly I have to report that whatever you've done to the map editor has put me right off of even attempting to edit anything.

90% of the time I am sat waiting for it to load road images and in the end I just give up.

Until I see or hear ubout a major improvement I for one will not bother wasting my time trying to edit roads only to sit around waiting for it to reload.

And before anyone starts blaming my browser or PC I've tried it on several different browsers, 5 different PC's and 3 different and unrelated networks.
Numbtrip
Send a message