Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:44 am

bgodette wrote:
skbun wrote:http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Editor_Interface_and_Controls#Segment_Edit_Detail:

An alternate name street must also have the same city as the primary segment. (My emphasis added)
So there's no Street anywhere in the world that belongs to two cities or a city with two official names. Somehow I doubt that.

Forget different cities. How about different states? For example: State St in Bristol, TN / Bristol, VA

To the left of the double yellow line is VA, to the right is TN.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:11 pm

I posted this in the private beta forum, but it impacts the production editor also so here it is:

Address Numbering bugs:

- Have a segment with numbers assigned. Split the road by adding in a new road junctioned in somewhere in the middle. Result = the two segments that replace the original segment have IDENTICAL numbering. Expected = the numbering range should be distributed across the two segments based on a percentage of the original segment they represent OR prompt user for new distribution. Note = if you look at the segments BEFORE saving, it looks like this distribution is done, but when you save the address changes are not actually saved.

- Have two segments with numbers assigned. Contiguous ranges on each. Delete the node connecting the two segments. Results = the new segment is numbered with the range of just one of the segments. Expected = new segment should have the start range of one of the original segments and the end range of the other original segment. Note = no difference in what the editor shows before or after save.

Above behavior is present in both the beta and production editors right now.
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:15 pm

davipt wrote:PS: suggestion: could we instead use shift-m to enable "area *M*anagers" and leave the A/shift-A/S keys as before?

You can redefine them. Click on what you want to change in the help list, then press the key stroke you want. I have shift-m = managers and shift-a = arrows myself :)
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby wifeypoo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:37 pm

One issue I have come across thus far is when I have clicked on a problem/request to update, the zoom in plus on the left is disabled. I have to close the drop down at the top of the screen to use the zoom in function. I'm using Chrome

Another thing that would be AMAZING (and I'm secretly hoping I can already do this and just don't know it yet...) is select an entire street and be able to click w to enable all turns at the junctions. I am in the process of dang near re-doing an entire city due to the unknown/one way roads that are in reality two way roads enabling all junctions in-between. If there is a way to enable these junctions without having to click on each one individually and then hitting w, PLEASE let me know :)

I'm not sure if this was due to the new editor or not, I got this sometimes with the old editor but never for all four streets at the junction. But I added a road and had to completely disconnect all roads (before I drew the road there were three connecting fine) then re-connect one by one to have them snap together. Before i would just have to move one and then try again and it would work. But i had to completely get rid of the junction then reconnect then reassign the turns to get it to work.

other than that the new editor is beautiful :)
wifeypoo

Postby wifeypoo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:That one is known, reported during the beta. We were told it would be fixed. It wasn't. It's not just the zoom+ button, but there is a band all the way across the map below the Map Problem or Update Request banner which is unclickable.

Yes I have noticed the patchy Bing aerials as well :(
wifeypoo

Postby wimdelange » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:48 am

In the design of the UI there is not much consideration for the smaller screens. When I use my laptop with a screen of 1366x768 there is not much room for the map. All goes to the information on the streets and when I click on a issue on the map, it uses way too much space:
Image 1_1.jpg
Image 1_1.jpg (108.59 KiB) Viewed 577 times
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby wimdelange » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:09 pm

anonymous0816 wrote:
davipt wrote:6. ... some say shift-? gives you a screen with the keyboard commands, but I can only see it on safari and not on firefox, as the ? in the Portuguese keyboard is already a shift-key-right-to-0 so I can't do a double-shift ;)

Well. German keyboard layout would also require a double-shift.
Please fix this. Either make it "?"-only or "Shift+h" for example for "help".

Did you try it, the ?? For me the ? is already shifted, so shift-? sounds a little stupid, but it works when I type a ? (shift needed). I use the American keyboard where the ? is the shifted / key. Working with Chrome on windows.
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby wimdelange » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:03 pm

I have the same problem and found out that if you click permalink, the problem goes away. temporarily......
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby wine4sure » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Forgive me if this is already covered in the 19 pages of messages, but is there any way that I've missed to tell if a road ends in a node once it's been selected?

Previously you would get a different shape at the end. Now it looks to me like you get the same size circle at each end. Am I missing something?

You can't always tell by the blue dot because sometimes the street name obscures it. And anyway I would like to know once the road is actually selected.
wine4sure

Postby wine4sure » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:57 am

Dead ends need to be terminated in a node otherwise if you start a journey on them you get "proceed to highlighted route". Not sure what happens if you attempt to navigate to an unterminated dead end.

If you just create a new dead end it will not be terminated in a node. As has been said many people do this (myself included, I just found one yesterday that I created a long time ago). I found an entire city (Bath) like this.
wine4sure

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor